Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chopped TP w/ king backrest & luggage rack...NOT!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Chopped TP w/ king backrest & luggage rack...NOT!!

Well, I had hoped to have some pictures of my king tour pak backrest & luggage racks installed on my chopped tour pak but...Houston we have a problem.

Someone please tell me how many holes are needed to be drilled in the tour pak lid to install the HD luggage rack....4 sounds right, right....NOT 8...right next to each other!!!!

It appears my dealer's "technician mis-drilled the first 4 holes, then re-drilled the correct hole pattern the 2nd time...I think??
What's confusing to me is that there are only 1 set of holes drilled through the tour pak bra??

Did they really think I wouldn't have noticed the extra holes when I opened the lid or take off the tour pak bra??

I left a message for the service manager at 2:23 this afternoon and followed it up with an email with attached pictures....haven't heard a WORD!

I'll be at the dealership bright and early tomorrow!!

Attached Thumbnails Chopped TP w/ king backrest & luggage rack...NOT!!-damaged-tour-pak-005.jpg   Chopped TP w/ king backrest & luggage rack...NOT!!-damaged-tour-pak-006.jpg   Chopped TP w/ king backrest & luggage rack...NOT!!-damaged-tour-pak-008.jpg  
Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
tencrore
Tourer

Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:28 PM
widowmaker221
Cruiser

Take that chit back it ain't right!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Holy Ch@@t batman!!! I'd be seriously pissed.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow not only did they fug up the pattern, those holes look real shitty. Looks like they didn't start with a small bit and work up. They just rammed the biggest one in there. Looks like they are buying you a new lid.

Shoulda done it yourself. It isn't that bad if you take your time. I've done it on two different tour paks with no problems.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

its a shame they let such ignorant people play with power tools. i'd have their job ...everyone makes mistakes but that ain't one of them...jus sayin

Old 10-09-2009, 07:51 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

I think I should have explained the previous episodes that happened at the dealership before I got to this point.

I had my bike serviced & detailed at the dealership...
When the service writer was moving my bike out after the detail he backed my bike into another bike catching the tour pak lid on the mirror of another bike leaving a nasty gouge on the corner of the lid. Ok, **** happen's, I get it.

They were prepared to replace the lid...Great! Turns out, HD dosen't offer JUST the tour pak lid...WHAT????

So after some thought I said, to hell with the lid. The dealer gave me $300.00 in credit and agreeded to install the king tour pak backrest & luggage rack for the $300.00. I figured the wrap around design of the backrest would cover the gouge anyway. While waiting for the parts, I installed a Saddleman tour pak lid cover. The cover has eyelits on it allowing you to mount a full size tour bag. All well and good.

Yesterday I drop off the tour pak to the dealer expecting great things...as it turns out, I got a tour pak full of ****!!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shredsurf
I think I should have explained the previous episodes that happened at the dealership before I got to this point.

I had my bike serviced & detailed at the dealership...
When the service writer was moving my bike out after the detail he backed my bike into another bike catching the tour pak lid on the mirror of another bike leaving a nasty gouge on the corner of the lid. Ok, **** happen's, I get it.

They were prepared to replace the lid...Great! Turns out, HD dosen't offer JUST the tour pak lid...WHAT????

So after some thought I said, to hell with the lid. The dealer gave me $300.00 in credit and agreeded to install the king tour pak backrest & luggage rack for the $300.00. I figured the wrap around design of the backrest would cover the gouge anyway. While waiting for the parts, I installed a Saddleman tour pak lid cover. The cover has eyelits on it allowing you to mount a full size tour bag. All well and good.

Yesterday I drop off the tour pak to the dealer expecting great things...as it turns out, I got a tour pak full of ****!!
Wait, help me out here. I know it's friday and I'm tired, but you said the lid can't be replaced by itself, right? Which means they'd have to get you an entire new TourPak to effectively replace the lid, and he gives you a "whopping" $300 credit? That TourPak would cost way over $700 to replace, so how in hell is that even remotely making good on a screw up?

Your application for Sainthood is on its way!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

That makes this worse!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

what a maroon!

Quick Reply: Chopped TP w/ king backrest & luggage rack...NOT!!