Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
blk06rk
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Road King?

How anybody installed a set of lower fairings like comes on the classic and ultra classic on there road king? How did they look? Any pictures? Thanks

Old 06-28-2006, 02:07 PM
blk06rk
Banned
Default RE: Ultra Road King?

Ok; lets try this, Has anybody ever seen a road king with the ultra lowers on it? How did it look? I am thinking of getting a set but really did not want to spend 600 bucks with at least seeing on done that way.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:17 PM
AggieFan
Advanced

I haven't seen ultra lowers on a road king, but at the ROT rally there was a vendor that made lowers specifically marketed for the road king. They looked sharp. Sorry I don't have their name or contact info. I grabbed their brouchure for a buddy of mine. The lowers were more streamlined and more aerodynamic looking than the OEMs. The 1 negative I noticed is that they dont have the storage compartments like the OEMs.

You might look at the ROT website for a list of vendors. Again, not much help but at least it's a place to start.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:31 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Check out Ram's Ultra RK here on the forum. I think he has a gallery. It is a very sharp Road King!

Old 06-28-2006, 02:40 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Rats, he does not have a gallery here. But I grabbed a copy of his sig pic. It looks like he does have some lowers on that nice ride. Not sure if they are HD Ultra's or not. Hey Ram, are ya out there?

[IMG]local://upfiles/5902/6F20D86D28FF45B7A461E86F69CA5690.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2006, 02:40 PM
blk06rk
Banned

man there was alot of venders listed, I found one called Fisher Engineering that stated custom made lowers, But they do not appear to have a web site, Does anybody knows how to contact them, Thanks

ORIGINAL: AggieFan

I haven't seen ultra lowers on a road king, but at the ROT rally there was a vendor that made lowers specifically marketed for the road king. They looked sharp. Sorry I don't have their name or contact info. I grabbed their brouchure for a buddy of mine. The lowers were more streamlined and more aerodynamic looking than the OEMs. The 1 negative I noticed is that they dont have the storage compartments like the OEMs.

You might look at the ROT website for a list of vendors. Again, not much help but at least it's a place to start.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ram here!

My lowers are only the soft jobs. Not the hard plastic / fiber glass on an actual Ultra. Those are in the future for my Road King. As you have stated $$$ is involved!

Right now the soft ones do, and I've picked up mine on E-bay and they are made of marine grade vinyl (if that really exists I don't know but thats what the seller had claimed that he has made them from) price was like $32.oo less shipping.

I'm not sure if any of this has answered your second thread in this post but what the hay, here is a bigger pix of my developement of an "Ultra" Road King.

Gary

Old 06-29-2006, 01:56 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy the nylon Harley lowers for $45-$50.00 bucks. Put em on when you need em, take off & keep em in the saddlegas when you don't.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The finance manager of Killer Creek HD has a RK custom with color matched fairing lowers. It looks extremely cool. It is a very unique look; can't recall seeing another RK with fairing lowers.

I will see if I can snap a couple of shots and post them here or elsewhere and get a link to you; or, I may simply email them to you. Give me a couple of days; it is really a cool looking bike.

My timing stinks; the guy just removed the fairing lowers for the summer--so no pics.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:17 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I put on a set of color matched vented lowers on my RKC in April. They're awesome.
I live pretty much in a rainforest. I was trying to avoid having to pack along waterproof boots on trips. Never seems to fail to come home to rain at the end of every weekend ride.
With the lowers I stay perfectly dry from the knees down. The lowers eliminate a fair bit of turbulence behind the windshield as well. They add to the look I think....and the very vast majority of folks I talk to like them over the look of just the crash bars.
Maybe I ought to figure out how to post a pic. I've been meaning to for some time now since I threw a wee bit o' money at my RK this spring.

Quick Reply: Ultra Road King?