Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I Buy The Right Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fripple
Dude wrong bike. You should have bought a Road Glide
I had a 100th Anny FLTRI and locved it but I was single then and had no problems. I did lower it 1" in the back an 3 up front.

I was going to get another but the dealer talked me into the SG.

I really miss the pockets in the fairing. Now I got to put my wallet, phone, etc in the bags.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by hullhorr
Have your GF wrap her legs around your waist and keep her feet in your crotch. Problem solved, and more fun for you.
Good idea! I'll forward this to her and see what she thinks!

Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,041 Likes on 11,613 Posts

"Dude wrong bike. You should have bought a Road Glide"

My thoughts exactly fripple !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior

the pocket between the floorboards and the passenger pegs/boards gets small with an extra set of feet in the way. As suggested, just get your rider to move their feet back when stopping. After a few trips it becomes a natural habit for them (if only we could train them to do other things just as easy)

Old 10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
PorterFLHX09
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiliPepperGarage
My GF is just 5'2" and barely over 100#'s with tiny feet! I guess I'll look for the foot board spacers. I saw some adjustable rear footboard mounts too that allow you to move them back and forwards as well as up and down. Those would probably help.

Definitely need a different seat but choosing one is the hard part. Everyone's azz is different so what's good for one ain't so much for another. Wish there were a way to test them before buying.
I'm riding an 09 FLHX and the factory seat is crap! I put on a Corbin Gambler as the stock seat was too tall and very wide. I'm vertically challenged somewhat at 5'8" with a 30" inseam. Managed fine with the stock seat but with the Corbin Gambler its night and day difference for manuvering around the bike with the wife on the back as my feet are flat on the pavement easily now. The Corbin is a bit narrower and a lot lower. Very comfortable and looks great.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey ChiliPepperGarage: If you make it to the event in Elsinore Sunday you can sit on my 06 SG.

I have a much narrower C&C seat plus my boards are 1" forward and 1-3/4" out. Look for the dude with "Primo" on his vest.

P.S. Sorry but no backseat or passenger pegs to demo if your girl comes along though.

P.P.S.S: The pic belows shows the seat and floorboards but they are only 3/4" out. Pic was taken before I added the Kuryakyn 1" up and 1" out kit.

Last edited by Primo; 10-09-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:15 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the back of you legs are hitting the passenger or the pegs its because your not stopping the bike before your feet are down. It's a common problem when riding two-up as you're not accustomed to the added weight. Slow down earlier and come to a soft controlled full stop.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to get used to walking like a crab with the wife on the back. And yes, don't put you legs down too soon. First get rid of the pegs and get boards, and get her a set of the Kuryakyn passenger adj pegs, they are a godsend on trips and keeps her feet out of the way too.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that fact that the passenger floorboard mounts ARE (to a small degree) adjustable, at least vertically. That's what those other holes are for. Because it's a 5 minute cost-nothing fix, it's worth a try to see if the placement of her feet/toes relative to the your legs is changed enough to make a difference to you and your lovely. I've done and it helps. Not a huge amount like changing to a fully adjustable set-up, but it helps for those of us where the issue wasn't that big.

Try it, it's free! My favorite cost.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Jahillsr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact Mean City Cycles to have them rebuild your seat with your needs in mind. I had great service from them, quick turn-around, fair price. Moved me down, forward, shaped the front and made the passenger part more comfortable for my Lady.
http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Quick Reply: Did I Buy The Right Bike?