Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy VS Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to decide which you do more of and to prioritize it. You want a bike that is great for touring with more comforts and gadgets, but still looks good as a main street cruiser then you get a Street Glide. You want a great around town cruiser to tour with once in a while then get a Fatboy, saddlebags and a backrest with some luggage. Personally I love my Street Glide and would never go back to my Softail. The minute I tried the touring frame I was hooked.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM
ski917
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see I'm not the only one who likes both bikes. I mean don't get me wrong I like my fatboy, but for the 1 1/2 I have owned it the things I have done to it, highway bars, windshield. I'm turning it into a Heritage, Minus the passing lamps and the bags. I guess to me its the bags that pisses me off about a fatboy. I have looked everywhere for bags without spending a arm and a leg to buy them. I have set on a Road King and being 6'1 and long legged I didn't care for the height that Touring models are. ( sitting high in the seat VS seating down on the bike on a Softail). I guess that is why I like the SG so much , you sit low on the SG yet you have the bags for what ever your doing rather it be riding around town or tour up with the wife ( like me I have to detachable sissybar and a HD bag straped to the lugage rack and thats all I have.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:01 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

deleted

Last edited by flyingace; 10-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I did and never have I had a second thought.

07 Fat Boy

Name:  1a.jpg
Views: 5005
Size:  119.6 KB

09 Street Glide

Old 10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I went from a 2000 softail standard that I dropped a ton of money in to an 07 streetglide that I have dropped half as much money in. I miss the old softail, but can ride for as long as I want on the glide. My wife used to have to ride on the softail sitting on a lickem stickem pad, now she has the backrest and is much happier. Love the fatboy, but you can't go wrong with a streetglide.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Maimas
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from a Super Glide to a Fatboy... Im happier than a pig in... well, you know. Have I tried anything else? Nope, and dont want to.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Rode a FB in Tampa in the spring. Nice for booting around town and going point to point but no comparison for comfort than riding a SG. Like others have said...if you can afford to have both- great, if not, you won't regret going with a SG.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
jasilva
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice bike. You'll love it once you get some miles behind you. Any of these folks who claim a Fatboy handles better have never ridden a Touring bike on a twisty or tried to run a cone pattern with either. Police use Touring bikes for a reason and it's not just for storage space. The touring bikes will out handle any big twin with the exception of the FXRs. If you can't run any corner at least 10mph faster on this bike compared to your softail your not even beginning to push that SG.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 PM
skydrifter
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I traded in my 06 Heritage Classic for a 08 SG .In my opinon the biggest thing the SG has over the Heritage is touring comfort .I can go all day on the SG .The thing i miss about the Heritage is the removeable windshield . I almost went with a Road King for that same reason but I was sold on the radio on the SG .

Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
US Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an '00 Fat Boy. After 7 years of riding it I bought an '07 SG. I had to let the Fat Boy sit while I got acoustomed to the SG, I had a hard time adjusting if I switched back and forth. After a year I sold I sold the Fat Boy, I just wasn't riding it any more.

Quick Reply: Fatboy VS Street Glide