Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key West trip

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 644 Posts

there is a coupon for the bi-plane in one of those key west travel books you see at hotels and side walk boxes for $20 off...the 30 minute flight is enough and carries 2 people of reasonable size..pricey..but cool.
http://www.keywestairtours.com/

Old 10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Tree Man
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Good to hear you enjoyed the trip. Key West is on my list of places to go.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
ms3300
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cogener8
What did you not like about the night life? Im thinkin about riding down there solo next summer while the wife oversees a remodel. I figure the stress level will go way down for all concerned with me gone.
I'm a born again Christian and a Southern Baptist to boot. As someone mentioned, the "alternative" lifestyles on display at night are a little too much for my liking. Not complaining, just telling you what I didn't like about the night life. I must say that during the day, I didn't see anyone "flaunting" their lifestyle, and I didn't get the impression anyone was trying to push an agenda. Things just got a little too crazy at night. Im sure you will enjoy it...just bring your wallet with you it is expensive.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 644 Posts

i understand,
when i was walking down duval street with the wife at night...a shirtless male was in his underwear on the side walk talking to guys passing while promoting a bar and looking across the street some cross dressers were promoting a late show..
but then the next door down is a packed sports bar or a family with a stroller..
you see it all from a to z on that one street.
funny thing is you rarely see a fight or any kind of altercation and all of it happens while large amounts of alcohol flow.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I spent a little over 30 years in the lower keys and Key West.Was a good life and quite the education..

Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
xmeter
Tourer

I was at the Fort Lauderdale Boat show a couple of years ago and went down to Key West. It ended up being Fantasy Fest! What a hoot that was!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:55 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by im
The key west ride is a nice slow ride with plenty of places to stop along the way.
The search feature on this forum will provide plenty of information.
The original poster probably meant the alternative lifestyle (rainbow) that is sometimes very open near certain bars.
But there are also ladies with painted bodies and a full spectrum of different individuals.
I have found overall that Key west is a lot of fun.
Did a BI-plane ride in Key west last time..to be clear..a BI-plane is a two wing air plane.
THAT'S PROBABLY THE ONLY KINDA PLANE TO BE HAD DOWN THERE...

Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
mwandmw
6th Gear

Wife and I went with 3 other couples earlier this year, wow!!! It was indeed a great ride. As someone already stated, a nice and slow ride. I suggest anyone who goes take Hwy 1 all the way from Miami to Key West and then on the way back, turn on Card Sound Rd. and go by Alabama Jacks!! I'm gonna have to take that ride again soon.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We try to visit every couple of years or so when we're in SW Florida. It's hard to think about the pressures of life when I'm sucking down raw oysters at the Half Shell Raw Bar, emptying a picher at Hog's Breath, snorkeling Sombrero Reef or visiting the cats at Hemingway's.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
jimhartman
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KW was a blast. I agree with a couple of suggestions here. Ya gotta hit Alabama Jacks on the way down or back. it looks like hell from the road, but it is a must stop place. Also do the biplane ride. It is a great tour of Key West. Finially, check out No Name Pub on Big Pine Key (I think). It's a little hard to find, but man is it ever worth it!

JH