Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need more legroom on Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:00 AM
BIG RUSS
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need more legroom on Ultra Classic

Kev
Being 6' 3" having the same problem,i have an 06 EG STD and the seat is good.I've repossitioned the shifters to as close to the boards as poss so you dont have to lift your leg to change gear.On the brake pedal ( if you have access to the tools ) i took an old pedal assy cut the weld off around the part of the lever that attaches to the master cyl.Then laying it down so the pad is about 1" above the board re-welded the lever, this has the effect of clearing up foot space on the board and your not lifting your leg again.I have found this has improoved the handling of the bike when cornering because your heel & toeing not lifting your legs.
The problem that i now face is that on slow full lock cornering when my feet are on the boards the bar end/ levers stick into my legs, i'm hoping that rolling the bars forward will cure this problem.What i'm saying is it may be cheaper to move things around & trying before buying.

Hope this is of help BR

Old 07-09-2006, 09:14 AM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm barely 6' tall, when I first sit on a Harley Ultra Classic, I said......WOW the floor boards sure are moved forward more than on a Goldwing. I though.....how comfortable it was until I bought my '03 Ultra Classic and felt like I was on top of the tank.

I would like for my seat to be back about 2 inches.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cruiseboards, Extended brake pedal, lowered shift arms, Sundowner and...a backrest to LEAN on! At 6'3" this combo answered my comfort/legroom & passenger issues...perfectly. I only use the stock boards to shift and brake.