Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes 6 Speaker System???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the Hogtunes 4 speaker and amp system in this week. Install was very simple and it sounds great. I haven't been able to ride with it yet but will probably in a week or two(bike is tore apart installing other parts now as well).

Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimhartman
DeputyMike,
I used to consider myself some what of an audiophile. Time has doen that in, but I still enjoy higher end audio stuff. I got the Hogtunes 3 way for the freeway (I think that is what it is called) and think it is great sound for the money. It is far from a high end sound, though. The stock Ultra sound system just didn't do it, so I knew some kind of upgrade was in order. I just didn't want spend the money to go the next step above the Hogtunes. The 3 way for the highway setup gives me the volume I wanted and it is a blast to listen to (I NEVER thought I'd listen to music on a bike). I have total confidence that if anything quits working, Pez (the owner of Hogtunes) will take care of it. Pez is a class dude and anyone that has ever delt with him speaks highly of him. Bottom line, I'm very happy with the system and think it is very good for the moned. I just wish I could spend about 4 times as much to get what I'd really like.

JH
Thanks JH for the input. I'll look a little closer at the Hogtunes package. The "3 for the highway" is the way to go with their current stuff?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyMike
I'm in the same boat here! Just purchased a 2010 limited, and it is obvious I need to upgrade the sound system. Consider myself an audiophile to some degree, and have high end sound systems in both my vehicles.

That being said, I would love all the opinions I can get on what you guys prefer...Hog Tunes, Hawg Wired, JBL, Arc, whatever. I am willing to spend the money now to AVOID constantly upgrading the system!

Thanks again for all the great advise!
If you are truly an audiophile,................you'll love my set-up !! There are NO LIMITATIONS to what you can do on a bike !! My 1200 watt 7" DVD system is WAY nicer than any car I've owned !

Check my thread here..... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-how-much.html

Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
D'Arcy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsimerma@amfam.com
Got my new 2010 Ultra Classic Limited - sweet ride. Now I need to upgrade the sound system. Been looking at the Hog Tunes 6 Speaker System. Anyone have this on their bike? What do you think? Also been lookin at the Hawg Wired PSC/DX/DX but man is it $$$$. I hate to spend that kind of money but if it's that much better I'd consider it.
I just removed the complete hog tunes from my 2009 hd cvo ultra classic . I have replaced it with a $6500.00 Alpine system. Looking to sell the complete system. It has all wiring harnesses etc. It was removed by a professional Stereo company & each piece is labled. It comes with amp,wiring harnesses, Lowers, front & rear speakers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the system, just wanted to upgrade to a system that is the best of the best.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Well let's hear about your new system !!!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D'Arcy
I just removed the complete hog tunes from my 2009 hd cvo ultra classic . I have replaced it with a $6500.00 Alpine system. Looking to sell the complete system. It has all wiring harnesses etc. It was removed by a professional Stereo company & each piece is labled. It comes with amp,wiring harnesses, Lowers, front & rear speakers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the system, just wanted to upgrade to a system that is the best of the best.
Pearl,
I'm think'n troll....or scammer....

Old 12-13-2011, 12:50 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fxdwg_rugby
Pearl,
I'm think'n troll....or scammer....
Could be.

I don't know anyone that has that much in a system. Mine didn't even cost that much.

Unless they charged him a TON for the install and retail on all the parts.

Anytime someone claims "best of the best",......my ears perk up !!

Most people that have the Hog Tunes 6 speaker set up are pretty satisfied.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 AM
ZZZCICI
Tourer

I know I am ...Happy.
Hog tunes woofers in the lowers and Hog tunes speaker upgrade front and rear using the Hog tunes amp and also the tweeter Pod.

The system is pretty good I usually play a CD or use an MP3 player. I can definately hear it even with a full face helmet.

For my ears it is awsome. Some people may want more. With the woofers mounted in the lowers the bass is so much better than stock, but comparing it to a high end automobile or a home system it will fall short.

I can say it plays good, crisp, clean, decent bass, and with FM/jackpot headers and tuned slipons I can ride at any speed and still hear it quite well.

If considering the three way for the freeway (like I was) better off to get the woofers for the lowers .

Last edited by ZZZCICI; 12-13-2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: add comment
Old 12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

So what exactly would be needed to upgrade a stock '10 flhx sound system? I can hardly hear anything decent on hiway as it is, and would like to know do I need a whole system or can this be done piece meal. Will just upgrading speakers have any effect, then add an amp later down the road for more impact? Or does the whole system need replacing in one shot?

Old 12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer

I suggest going to Hog tunes site and learning about their product. Decide what you want. If you choose Hog tunes , check out some of the vendors on HDForum for a nice discount price and support.

http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/bikes.html

I decided to wait untill I could gather all the components before installing any of them. I wanted to do the install all at once and realize the full impact of the complete system.

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes 6 Speaker System???