Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gopartsdirect.com makes me angry

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:20 PM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gopartsdirect.com makes me angry

I ordered a Thunderheader from these clowns on June 9th....the next day I received an email saying it would take a few extra days to get in. They sent me an email on June 22 and said it shipped and when I called to get a tracking number on June 23 they said it was shipping that day. Today (june 26) I called and it still hasn't shipped...after talking to the mgr out there...he says it will ship today....hopefully...he had no explanation for this runaround. Anybody have experience with these guys?

Jon

Old 06-26-2006, 03:30 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: gopartsdirect.com makes me angry

I haven't had any problems,and they actually saved me some money on a few items, i guess because there here locally!I at least i can get in there face if there bullshitting me!
Hope they resolve your issue,and i would razz that manager a little more about that horseshit!!!
HD has been giving me the horseshit shipping excuses lately.
I cant believe that as big a company HD is they dont use overnight shipping for their parts.80 % of the bikes you see in service are waiting on parts to get delivered!Thats rediculous!
DIY whenever possible!!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I don't order from them either. Never had a personal experience, but heard some horror stories. I stick with Eastern Performance.

ORIGINAL: 2006streetglide2006

I ordered a Thunderheader from these clowns on June 9th....the next day I received an email saying it would take a few extra days to get in. They sent me an email on June 22 and said it shipped and when I called to get a tracking number on June 23 they said it was shipping that day. Today (june 26) I called and it still hasn't shipped...after talking to the mgr out there...he says it will ship today....hopefully...he had no explanation for this runaround. Anybody have experience with these guys?

Jon

Old 06-26-2006, 03:42 PM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser

I ordered frame covers from eastern performance last tuesday and they were here on Friday....put them on yesterday.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:06 PM
MOking
Tourer

Sounds like the contractor I hired to finish my basement!

Old 06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

I ordered something from Gopartsdirect.com about a month ago. At that time, they told me the part was in stock, and it would go out the next morning. I thought was great news, since no one else had it in stock, and agreed to the sale.
The next morning I called them to confirm shipment, and they said it was on back order. I requested that they cancel me order, and they told me I couldn't cancel an order because of non-shipment.
At that time, I called AMEX, and filed a complaint against their company.
This dispute is still under investigation.

There's so much more to this story that I really don't want to get into. Mainly about their arrogance and rudeness.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM, THEY'RE NO GOOD.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: Anthony8858

I ordered something from Gopartsdirect.com about a month ago. At that time, they told me the part was in stock, and it would go out the next morning. I thought was great news, since no one else had it in stock, and agreed to the sale.
The next morning I called them to confirm shipment, and they said it was on back order. I requested that they cancel me order, and they told me I couldn't cancel an order because of non-shipment.
At that time, I called AMEX, and filed a complaint against their company.
This dispute is still under investigation.

There's so much more to this story that I really don't want to get into. Mainly about their arrogance and rudeness.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM, THEY'RE NO GOOD.
Yeah, that's a big bunch of BS on their part. I can see it if you order a part from them (or anyone) that is already on backorder, but if you order it when they said it's in stock, and THEN they say it's on backorder, you should be able to cancel it. Not to mention that companies shouldn't charge your card if they don't have items in stock! I hate paying interest on a CC for something I don't even have in my possession!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i use J&P...they've been nice and prompt

Old 06-26-2006, 10:40 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They are a "drop-shipper".

Meaning they take your order, and then they call up the manufacturer and have them ship it directly to you. So there is allot of lag time that can take place, and for sure they are in no hurry.

I always still to places that have the items in-stock..........meaning in their hands.

Eastern Performance and M&M Cycles are 2 great sellers on the internet that I highly recommend and use.

2 days from Eastern Performance, and 3 from M&M............you can't beat that service.

Steve

Old 06-27-2006, 12:44 AM
TUCK
Advanced

Had the same problem with this company. Would not return phone calls or emails. After a month I told them to cancel the order. Their reply was that since it was an internet order it was against their policy to cancel it. My credit card company refunded my money and is now, after almost 3 months, still trying to get a refund. I'll never do business with them again!

Quick Reply: gopartsdirect.com makes me angry