Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide lower Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006 | 09:11 AM
GliderXXX
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Street Glide lower Fairings

Anyone added lower fairings to their Street Glide? If so do you have any pics? How would you describe the improvement in wind mangement? I'd appreciate comments from any Ultra riders as well who have been prior Standard of Classic owners. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2006 | 10:13 AM
bpterb
Cruiser
Default RE: Street Glide lower Fairings

I also am thinking about adding lower fairings to my street glide. I sure hope to see some pics also, lets get busy on this post [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-26-2006 | 10:27 AM
Rodman813
Road Captain

There is a guy on this forum who added them. They look VERY nice. I'm sure as you read through the topics you will see him, becasue he has the photo w/ his signature. I am plaaning to add them too soon.

Old 06-26-2006 | 10:49 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member

the lower fairings are great in cooler weather. I take mine off during the summer, I want more air movement around my engine and my body.

Old 06-26-2006 | 11:32 AM
blowe
Tourer

I bought some just for the winter.They come in handy December through February.

Old 06-26-2006 | 11:46 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I added mine a few months ago. They work great for those chilly days. If you buy them, ensure to get the HD 2006 models as they have the adjustable vents already installed. On warmer days I keep them open and they are fine. Not too hot. In rain, the only thing that gets wet on me while moving is my knees. I just bought some chaps so that will prevent this but I try avoid the rain anyways.

Old 06-26-2006 | 12:06 PM
bpterb
Cruiser

Will I lose my highway pegs when I install the fairings? I see abnmarine has highway pegs on, but I have very short legs.

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2006 | 03:10 PM
GliderXXX
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Those look great on your Street Glides' fellas! They give the bike that husky look I'm going for! Couple of additional questions;

-Do they inhibit your feet movement much while on the boards? Seems they would keep your feet pretty constricted, but wondering about the ability to move them long ways "into" the fairing a bit.

-Same question as above; do they force your hiway pegs to have to be set farther out than without the fairings or do you have just as much flexibility?

-In regards to wind noise/buffetting and turbulence, have you found these to be an effective deterrent to those problems, i.e., "calming the turbulence?"

thanks...I think I'm getting some, particularly since I've all but decided I'm not ever getting a tour pak for the SG. I'll do a luggage rack on back first and equip with a T-Bag.

Thanks again for the feedback...anyone else...pictures??

Old 06-26-2006 | 06:18 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

I want to get some also. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this soon.

Old 06-26-2006 | 06:39 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

When I sold my '95 FLHT w/o lowers and bought a new '06 several weeks ago, I thought the lowers would come off first thing.

A very trusted ol' time Harley mechanic friend suggested that I leave them on until I got it broken in. He said that they actually helped direct more air to the motor than without. I had a hard time believing this, but I left them on. I'm in Texas and it's been in the high 90's ever since I got my bike. The bike has never gone into heat management and I've been just as comfortable as before.

After turning over 1200 miles, I doubt the fairings will ever come off!...I like the substantial look that it gives the bike and I like the comfort of less wind pressure on my feet and legs....I know, I'm becoming a wimp...but you don't know how nice it is until you ride with these things. I find them very comfortable....I don't like or use highway pegs, so I can't respond to mounting questions concerning the fairings.

Plus the storage compartments are handy for CD's, etc.

I'm still surprised they are still on my bike!

Karl

Quick Reply: Street Glide lower Fairings