Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide lower Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006 | 07:39 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Street Glide lower Fairings

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

Those look great on your Street Glides' fellas! They give the bike that husky look I'm going for! Couple of additional questions;

-Do they inhibit your feet movement much while on the boards? Seems they would keep your feet pretty constricted, but wondering about the ability to move them long ways "into" the fairing a bit.
I can still place my feet on the boards just like before installing the lowers

-Same question as above; do they force your hiway pegs to have to be set farther out than without the fairings or do you have just as much flexibility?
It does limit the height of where you mount your pegs but with the 360 degree mounts I am able to adjust them to where I am comfortable

-In regards to wind noise/buffetting and turbulence, have you found these to be an effective deterrent to those problems, i.e., "calming the turbulence?"
It helps calm the wind down from hitting the torso. I do notice the wind when having my legs out on the Hwy pegs

thanks...I think I'm getting some, particularly since I've all but decided I'm not ever getting a tour pak for the SG. I'll do a luggage rack on back first and equip with a T-Bag.

Thanks again for the feedback...anyone else...pictures??

Old 06-27-2006 | 01:31 AM
GliderXXX
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Those look great on your Street Glides' fellas! They give the bike that husky look I'm going for! Couple of additional questions;

-Do they inhibit your feet movement much while on the boards? Seems they would keep your feet pretty constricted, but wondering about the ability to move them long ways "into" the fairing a bit.

-Same question as above; do they force your hiway pegs to have to be set farther out than without the fairings or do you have just as much flexibility?
It does limit the height of where you mount your pegs but with the 360 degree mounts I am able to adjust them to where I am comfortable

-In regards to wind noise/buffetting and turbulence, have you found these to be an effective deterrent to those problems, i.e., "calming the turbulence?"
It helps calm the wind down from hitting the torso. I do notice the wind when having my legs out on the Hwy pegs

thanks...I think I'm getting some, particularly since I've all but decided I'm not ever getting a tour pak for the SG. I'll do a luggage rack on back first and equip with a T-Bag.

Thanks Marine! I'm getting a pair for sure now.

Old 06-27-2006 | 10:32 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

No problem.

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Thanks Marine! I'm getting a pair for sure now.

Old 06-27-2006 | 04:33 PM
wldhogn
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bpterb

Will I lose my highway pegs when I install the fairings? I see abnmarine has highway pegs on, but I have very short legs.

Thanks!
Kuryakyn makes a nice set of highway peg mounts for use with lower farings. You can find them here: Kuryakyn Peg Mounts I used them on my previous RG with lower farings installed. They make 2 versions .. one for shorter legs (#4526) and one for longer legs (#4520), they wrap around the lower farings nicely. Good Luck!

Old 06-27-2006 | 05:25 PM
Loch
Tourer

I’ll never take the lowers off my Ultra Glide. They are SaWeet!

Pretty soon you guy’s will be buying tour paks and adding cruise control too.