Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide or Road Glide Custom ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:45 AM
carmencip
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Glide or Road Glide Custom ??

Who better to ask then the guys in the Touring forum. I've driven them both, I really like them both....but can't decide. Outside of the styling differences, is there any advantage to either?

Some guys tell me the fork mounted fairing on the road glide does a better job then the bat wing on the street glide True?? When I drove them it was short jaunts from the dealer so I don't know.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:56 AM
ivel_86
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY THE ROAD GLIDE HANDLES AND DRIVES ALOT ALOT ALOT BETTER!!!!!!!! haha I love my rg. I have ridden a few bat wings on trips and love my rg without a dought. Yeah there kinda fugly but there so amazing!. End of story: your call. I would find a good friend and see if you cant take his rg for a long ride because i aint going back EVER haha

Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 AM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member

I read that the RG fairing blocks the wind alot better but I don't care for the looks JMHO. Love my SG.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:13 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I struggles the very same decision. I've ridden both and being a tall guy (6'6") everything behind the batwing on the SG felt too close. I opted for the RG....much more room for me and I have no regrets. LOVE IT.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

in my honest opinion if you even have to ask this question stick to the Street Glide. If you were a road glide type guy you wouldn't have to ask.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:46 AM
PWFD
Road Master

I've owned both the SG and the RG. Currently I am the proud owner of a RG. For me it's a much better bike. I think it handles WAY better out on the hwy on those windy days. I also love the look of the RG. It's all personal preference about the looks but the RG is the winner for me.

Both nice bikes just a tough decision for you. Try to get a little saddle time in both and get a good walk around each bike to see which you like better.

Good luck in your choice.

T

Old 10-03-2009, 09:03 AM
streetg7
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my SG...besides, IMHO RGs look funny!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:22 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

RG owners are a loyal bunch and they swear by them. Maybe it's a cult thing, I don't know. I've never rode one, but I've never experience any handling problems my SG either. What is your deciding factor; styling or ride quality? If it's styling, then stare at them for a while and see which one grows on you. If its the ride, then take them both of spin. Either way, you can't lose.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:27 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the RG is just awesome ! I hated it at one time, I mean HATED it. But over the past year or two, I've done a complete 180 and now I love it. If I could I'd sell the Wide Glide today and go buy a Roadie .

Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

have had both the batwing and currently the rg. liked both but if you are tall, like me, the rg seems to give you more room. may be more of a "feel" than something actual, but it really does feel like you have more room. there are some issues with buffeting, but with all the new shields and lowers this can be adjusted to your feel. i have lowers coming from hogg chopps and cannot wait to see how much they help. i run a clearview shield and really do not have any problems. i just got a road zeppelin seat and it did raise me up some so after i get the lowers , i may neeed to go with a taller shield. time will tell...ride safe.

Quick Reply: Street Glide or Road Glide Custom ??