Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New saddlebag and seat locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New saddlebag and seat locks

Dunno if this has been posted already. Ran across them in the new issue of Bagger. Kinda pricey for the bag locks when there are alot cheaper alternatives for securing them. But I'm sure they will sell a few sets.

The Gordon Lockdown

Old 10-03-2009, 05:43 AM
KBrown53
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing.... always interesting to see what is out there!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 AM
HD-EZ2NV
Cruiser

Just a little too pricey for me.
I'm good with the button head bolt idea.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM
salty01
Tourer

Saw that also..sure like the idea but not the price, especially to import them up here.

I like a quick release so i can clean the wheel quickly.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 AM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salty01
Saw that also..sure like the idea but not the price, especially to import them up here.

I like a quick release so i can clean the wheel quickly.
I have the Gordon Lockdown saddlebag locks and seat lock. When discussing options with Johnny Gordon I learned that I could have the locks keyed to match my Harley ignition/saddle bag keys. Now that I have the Gordon system I don't have to use an allen wrench to remove the allen bolts I used to replace the stock twist pins. A simple 1/4 turn with my ignition key in the Gordon saddle bag lock and removal of one stock twist pin and the bag is off. This Gordon system is proving itself to be very popular, The owner and the parts manager at Oakland Harley in Cali. now uses them on his own bike and sells them. The Gordon saddle bag locks are as fast as the harley stock twist pins when removing the bag and when installed properly will keep your bags on the bike better then anything else out there even when you forget to lock your saddle bag lids. When the rain slows down a bit I'll venture out to the garage to get some pictures for you all.

Last edited by fathog; 04-12-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Yep, I've posted them before & most responses were negative (too spendy). IMO, looks solid and if I lived in high-threat area they'd be on my bike. Right now, the Brukus kit works...maybe later I'll invest in Gordon Locks - seems like great quality!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
06Cummins
Road Captain

Is seat and saddlebag theft that bad???? Been around bikes my whole life and never once seen or heard of it happening. I know that doesn't mean it don't happen.

Like said before a little to rich for my blood

Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM
D-9 OPERATOR
Cruiser

Great quality had them on my 08 the only issue is that you need to drill a larger hole in your bag to attach the lock system so there is no going back after that and they must go with the bike if you sell it

Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM
DPelletier
Tourer

Looks great, but I'm too cheap to spend $300+ dollars on something that a $1.50 bolt and U nut will do. I can live with the extra 4 seconds it takes me to remove a saddlebag.

Dave

Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
Looks great, but I'm too cheap to spend $300+ dollars on something that a $1.50 bolt and U nut will do. I can live with the extra 4 seconds it takes me to remove a saddlebag.

Dave
PLUS ONE. Also I have been a LEO for 29 years in NYC and now part time in Florida, plus I ride with the Blue Knights. Besides here, I have never heard of saddle bags being stolen. The whole bike, yes just parts rarely and the saddle bags never. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just never saw it.

Quick Reply: New saddlebag and seat locks