Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for al the feedback! One more thing....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for al the feedback! One more thing....

WOW!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my proposed switch from the Heritage to the Ultra. It really makes me feel a lot better. The last hurdle is my bride of 43 years. Was thinking of tricking her into a ride tomorrow and ending up at, "Surprise!" a Harley Dealer.

After reflecting on the last 43 years with her, I'd better try a new plan. How about, "Well honey, big day tomorrow! You are going to love this! We are finally going to get a chance to take a new Ultra out for a ride!" And she says, "You're not really thinking of getting a new bike are you? You just got a new bike last September! I thought you liked your bike." "We'll honey" I say, "..............." I gotta say something pretty good here and not fall apart. We could have a contest for the best "Well honey" comeback. If I use the comeback and it works, Mac can make us a "Hall of Fame" forum, and we'll honor the first winner in there. Remember, I won't be the last one of us in this position.

Now, I know I can just take the bull by the horns and use the time honored "Harley Man" way. You know the one, "Get you're old narley *** on the Heritage, we're going down to the Phoenix Valley, where it's gonna be hotter than hell today, and get ME a new Ultra Glide. Do it....NOW!' Sounds good, but the Old Reverend has a little wuss running in his veins these days. So, any help would be much appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/718/AFAAC1B004D24440B55638A7C0F13B20.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Thanks for al the feedback! One more thing....

I always go with the "Health" issue......that Softail is a youngmans bike, rides rough, myback kills me after awhile. Yous must ache too. Now with this Ultra not only will you be more comfortable my dear but look at all the room to carry your stuff......

Trust me, if she has spent any time in the seat, once she gets on that Ultra ,Listens to her favorite music (take a CD with ya)....It's a done deal

Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta go with Homer on this one.Your buying this bike for Her comfort (hey it worked for me) and now my Wife has never been happier.

Git-r-done
Craig

Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Dick,

As nice a disposition as your wife has, I doubt that you will have as much trouble as you think, and it is for her comfort and convience after all.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-12-2005, 07:33 PM
luvmyflhtcui
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best selling point is it's all about her comfort. Take her to the dealer and let her test ride it and she will fall in love with it. You can't lose...especially if the deal is sweet.

Good luck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/494/0AF75F1F061149FAA3A045DD37A775E2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2005, 09:42 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I would go with a slight slant of that approach.

For me, I would say, "Well, you know honey, the motorcycle is something that you and I do together, alone. I enjoy this time with you more than words can express. I would like to continue and most importantly, have you as comfortable as possible while we are doing it. I see this as an opportunity for us to spend more time together."

You could close with, "Price of an Ultra, $21K, our happiness, PRICELESS."

Don't bother to tell her you're going to have a radio and never let her pick the station though

Mac

Old 05-12-2005, 09:44 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You could add that Hey! Honey this bike is something we can ride together, talk on the intercom, talk to the truckers other bikers, find the best food spots along the way, learn if there's a storm brewing down the road on the weather band, listen to your favorite music, heck you can even sleep with those super nice arm rests, and backrest, the floorboads are so nice and you even have your own volume control on the music. Yeah, one ride and she will break your arm if you don't buy it, heck she might even want one herself.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Mac,

Damn, you're good.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill,

I guess Mac figured if it worked for him, it would work for others as well.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:06 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: John TN

Bill,

I guess Mac figured if it worked for him, it would work for others as well.
LOL

Actually, Kelly talked me into the bike, at the time I had given up on riding and was happily pouring money into my Corvette at the rapid rate. Kelly wanted the bike, so we got the bike...

I have used that type of line for goodies, though...

Mac

Quick Reply: Thanks for al the feedback! One more thing....