Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to quite down Rinehart Slip on's

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 AM
RoadGlideBlues
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to quiet down Rinehart Slip on's

I love the look and sound of my Rineheart Slip on Mufflers but they are just a tad too loud. Has anyone been able to quiet them down without loosing the sweet rumble?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...On_Muffler.gif

Last edited by RoadGlideBlues; 10-01-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:48 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

If Rinehart doesn't have interchangeable baffles then I don't know what you can do to quiet them down.

If they don't I would suggest replacing them with Rush mufflers. Rush makes various baffle sizes to suite sound & performance, and they are interchangeable. Fuel Moto can hook you up.

I'm certain you wouldn't have any problem selling your Rineharts on here or Ebay.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 PM
RoadGlideBlues
Intermediate

Rush looks like a good choice but I am concearned about the packing blowing out, they are certainly a good price point. I love the lookk and sound of my rineharts, I just wish I could remove the baffles or something and pack them to reduce sound.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Chucky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Reinharts on my 09 SG and really don't find them to be very loud. Are you really cranking on them?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadGlideBlues
Rush looks like a good choice but I am concearned about the packing blowing out, they are certainly a good price point. I love the lookk and sound of my rineharts, I just wish I could remove the baffles or something and pack them to reduce sound.
If you look at the way the packing is installed on the baffle I can't see how it would blow out. I'm on my second bike with Rush Mufflers and never had this problem.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Funny because I think mine sound good but are a bit quieter than I would like.

The baffles aren't removable so either lay off the throttle :-), or you will have to get different pipes.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:39 PM
RoadGlideBlues
Intermediate

I have heard that they used to sell quiet baffles so some of the slip on's must have removable baffles??

Old 10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The mufflers for the Rinehart True duals definitely DO have removable baffles. Not sure about the basic slip-ons that are made to fit the stock headpipes.

I had the Rinehart TD's on my 08 and had the same issue. Tried the Rinehart Quiet baffles and didn't hear much difference at all so I ended up going the Rush route.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow. The other night my buddy and I installed a non-cat head pipe on his 2009 Road King to make the Rineharts louder. They're too quiet with a kitty in front of them... It worked, sounds great now.

I know that won't help the OP to much, unless....

There was a guy on here that retrofitted an '09 exhaust to a pre-'09 bike. Kill two birds with one stone, reduce heat and quiet it down a bit. Surely someone with a 50 state bike will love to sell their head pipe and cross-over. With the kitty, the Rineharts are still bassy, but not so loud, even at WOT. Sound good, just not loud enough for us.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:16 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the QQ quiet baffles from Big City Thunder, softened the sound at idle and when cruising along, but when you crack the whip the quiet is gone. Don't remember what I paid but the install I did myself and was done in an hour, the QQ goes in above the mufflers in the exhaust pipe. I drilled a hole and secured the added baffle and replaced the muffler.

Quick Reply: How to quite down Rinehart Slip on's