Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boot help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boot help please

My boots got wrecked in an accident on my bike a few weeks ago. I'm fine, bike is being repaired.

I had a pair of Red Wing boots, lower cut - slip ons no steel toe. Comfortable and could wear them all day. Red Wing isn't making those boots any longer and it's tough to find any in a store. In fact, I've been told by red wing that they aren't making motorcycle boots any longer. Anyway, I can't find a quality pair of boots in a local shop so have to purchase
on-line. I'm debating between these:

chippewa:

http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/safety_toe/27872
Price around 160.00

Cruiserworks:

http://www.cruiserworks.com/shortsidezip.php

Price around 260.00

Westco:

https://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/

Price around 450.00

I'm not worried about them staying dry... Want some level of protection but all day comfort is very important. Looking to hear from folks that have tried either of these boots.
I've read good things about the Westco, but don't want to have to pay that much! But,
if they are truly worth it, I'd give it some thought.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I know these aren't the brands you're thinking about, but I bought the executioner boots from leather up for $90. Harley sells the same one for $140. Yea, and they're made in China, I know it sucks, but they are comfortable and have a good arch also.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had my Cruiserworks for 3 years and love them. 100% waterproof and can walk in them all day if I needed to. Great boots.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Bushpilot
Tourer

I have had many different pais of boots and have found one i stick with. These are comfortable look great and are waterproof. I can wear them all day and no fatigue.
Ariat Carbide H2O boot. here is a link
http://www.ariatbootstore.com/product/39965

Are you Gelling?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 AM
GarArnett
Cruiser

I have an old pair of Chippewas, great boots, but the right one is a real bitch to get on. Left slips on easy. Always been that way, and I don't wear them much because of it. Mostly I wear a pair of Frye harness boots, though I have others too but they are not probably a style most here would want (mx and sport bike / sport touring style) but are far more functional and comfortable.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
SmokinRK
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to check these out for comfort, support and long lasting. These are made in the USA and are the best damn boot I have ever put on. They outlast the others by far, the heels are rock solid and you can walk in them all day.

DOUBLE-H http://www.doublehboots.com/mens-col...n.asp?catid=65

Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google "Caboots" they have made custom boots for me before and provide excellent service at reasonable prices.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer

Glad to hear you are doing fine. I have a pair of Chippewa, because I have narrow feet and they fit me nice. It might be worth a trip to the big city for a good pair of kickers. I would recommend you try on as many pair as you can to see what fits and find out what you need the boot to do for you (water resistant, slip resistant, liner options, etc.). Good luck on the bike repair.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
happyfeet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got Aerostich Combat Lites and love them. www.aerostich.com

Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out the boots at www.zappos.com They have good prices ,free shipping to you and back if they don't fit. They have about every brand you can imagine. I have bought my last 3 boots from them. I got a pair last week , Harley caspers they are lace ups with zippers on the inside of the boot for easy on and easy off., Love em fit like a glove
Dave c

Quick Reply: boot help please