Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake light question 09 road glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
wattspd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake light question 09 road glide

Hi guys,

I am installing a 09 street glide rear facia on my bike and was wondering if I can plug the tri bar light right in or will I need to do some modifications.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:55 AM
big block
Cruiser

Possibly plug in,I guess you'll be the first to know.
Big Block

Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It will plug in to the tour pak harness already on the bike. It is on the left side of the bike. Should be wrapped up somewhere around the side cover or around the battery.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Ya, let us know how that plays out. Should look good if it works.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
meveratt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 08, the plug was right under the seat. Direct plug in.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

I ordered the wire harness from the dealer today for 30.00 bucks. It is back ordered till oct 15 go figure. I will try installing the facia and the light which was 129.00. I decided to get the upgraded smoked tri bar light which is a run / stop light. I hope this works out ok...

Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wattspd
I ordered the wire harness from the dealer today for 30.00 bucks. It is back ordered till oct 15 go figure. I will try installing the facia and the light which was 129.00. I decided to get the upgraded smoked tri bar light which is a run / stop light. I hope this works out ok...

Why did you order a wiring harness?? You bike already has it. All of the touring models come with a tour pak harness if they have a tour pak or not. It is on the left side of the bike either under the side cover or by the battery like I said in my other post. That is where the Street Glide fascia tri-bar plugs in. Didn't you read any of the responses to your original question???

Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Why did you order a wiring harness?? You bike already has it. All of the touring models come with a tour pak harness if they have a tour pak or not. It is on the left side of the bike either under the side cover or by the battery like I said in my other post. That is where the Street Glide fascia tri-bar plugs in. Didn't you read any of the responses to your original question???
I thought so too, until I looked at wiring diagrams for Road Kings--they don't have the tour pak wiring harness. At least they didn't through '08. If you have the Touring SM for your bike, check-out the main wiring harness for the Road King (there is no interconnect harness) and see if you spot a tour pak wiring harness connector as there is for the other Touring models.

Frankly, I hope the OP will post a pic of the $30 wiring harness he bought even though he didn't need it for his installation--I'm curious to see what the dealer sold him.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

I think I found the harness that you were refering too. Does it have the radio attenna cable running in it? The Light that I got from the dealer has a much bigger connector with about 10 pins in it and has no wires coming out of it or in the box. This light says that its an upgrade for the 2010 flhx & fltrx and thats what the parts guy said I needed. The connector I found on my bike has three wires going to it and looks like it will fit the light for the 2008 & older model. The 2008 light I saw has a wire harness included with what looks like a same three wire connection.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Don't take it personal now...

lp

Quick Reply: Rear brake light question 09 road glide