Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake light question 09 road glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wattspd
I think I found the harness that you were refering too. Does it have the radio attenna cable running in it? The Light that I got from the dealer has a much bigger connector with about 10 pins in it and has no wires coming out of it or in the box. This light says that its an upgrade for the 2010 flhx & fltrx and thats what the parts guy said I needed. The connector I found on my bike has three wires going to it and looks like it will fit the light for the 2008 & older model. The 2008 light I saw has a wire harness included with what looks like a same three wire connection.
Ok I am confused. Why would they sell you something that was upgraded for the 2010 models when you have an 09?? I have no idea what this connector is. Can you post a pic???

The Street Glide rear fascia light (for 09 and earlier anyway) has the same plug that your tour pak wiring harness has. On the Street Glide the fascia light plugs in there. On EG Classics and Ultras the tour pak lights plug in.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
wattspd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the plug I found behind the left side cover...

Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

This is the connection to the new facia light Part# 67774-10

Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

This is what the light looks like from the back & front... Sorry I learned how to post pic's in like 5 minutes.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Looks like they sold you the wrong parts. Like I said I have no idea why they would sell you a part for a 10 when you have an 09. Does the wiring harness that came with the tri-bar light have the same kind of connection at both ends???

Last edited by Garemlin; 09-30-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

Thats the input for the harness on the side of the light. It has about 10 pins inside the light... Nobody at HD can give me a straight answer. They cant even tell me where the harness would connect to once I get it. I would love for a 2009 street glide owner tell me what they have on their bike or even a pic.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Ok they must have changed the fascia light for 10. The part number for the 09 fascia light is 69375-09 and it uses the 3 way pin housing that would plug into that harness that you found shown in your first pic. Boggles the mind what they were thinking when they sold you that.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wattspd
This is the plug I found behind the left side cover...
That's exactly the connector you need; now you need the '09 LED.

The reason for the ten pin connector is (probably) due to the fact that the '10 model no longer has a tail light. Behind the tail light on the earlier models was a circuit board for the tail light/brake light/turn signals. Without the circuit board on the tail light-less '10, the connectors for those functions changed.

For your future reference, I found it's best to have the parts counter guy pull the parts book for my model and year, then find what I need and show me what he's found. Actually, I've been to the parts counter so many times in the past 4+ years on various projects, I just ask for the parts book and look the stuff up myself.

Better still, spend $40 or so and buy the 2009 Touring Models parts catalog, and the HD Touring Service Manual for your bike.

Good luck with your project.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

Those F@kers. I knew thew sold me the wrong part. This light I purchased didn't come with any type of wire harness. I went to another dealer and the parts guy pulled the other light and it had a 3 pin connection with a long wire harness. I got screwed. Thanks for all the help guys. I will update in the morning with the other light.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the SG facia on my RG and the tri-bar light is only a running light (that or the brake portion is not working on mine). You found the correct plug to connect the light to, it was tucked away inside the left side cover.

Quick Reply: Rear brake light question 09 road glide