Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Street Glide saddle replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009 | 12:14 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DHart
Jonny... wish I'd had your lead earlier, but oh well. Good thing for others to see in any event!

In your sig pic, looks like your bags are climbin' right up to the sky... didn't you find the ride a little spooky like that?
You just had all the adrenaline running, and couldn't wait to spend money on the new bike.

I love that pic, it just shows how much crap a guy can pack when traveling with a wife that needs "all her stuff". Funny thing is, I got one saddlebag for my stuff, and she got the rest (not counting my toothbrush )

The pic is a little deceiving, it's actually not that tall. My wife's head was still well above the top. We had the same set up last year, and just added the top bag this year for little things we needed to get to easier.

Here's a pic of what we had last year, before my hardbags and the top bag I added.

Tell you the truth, the more I had on the bike the smoother it rode!

Last edited by JonnyD; 10-02-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2009 | 12:20 AM
DHart
Tourer

Originally Posted by JonnyD
You just had all the adrenaline running, and couldn't wait to spend money on the new bike.
Yeah... some truth to that. AND my wife was so done with that pitiful excuse for a passenger seat that the MOCO put on stock. AND my back was buggin' me after the first long day of riding without a backrest... I had become quite accustomed to the backrest over the last 30,000 miles on my Road King. Just couldn't wait to get some Mustangs under our butts!

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I love that pic, it just shows how much crap a guy can pack when traveling with a wife that needs "all her stuff". Funny thing is, I got one saddlebag for my stuff, and she got the rest (not counting my toothbrush )
Just the way things are with women; I know!

Here we are... traveling light!

Last edited by DHart; 10-02-2009 at 12:27 AM.