Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with t-rex TD

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:59 PM
pino56
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with t-rex TD

Just completed 95" build. SE flat top pistons, 203 cams, big sucker a/c, t-rex td exhaust, cylinders boared and heads ported and polished by big boyz. Harley tech having difficult time doing a SERT which he attributes to the lack of exhaust back pressure. Anyone else have problems getting a good tune with these pipes? Also, these baby's are LOUD. I bought them for their clean look, blueing warranty, and above average sound. A bit loud for me. Spoke with hardkrome and quieter baffles still a ways away. I recall seeing some plates someone made but can't find the thread. Can someone help me with that. Any info much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problem with t-rex TD

PCIII, dyno tuned, excellent performance, and yes they are.....LOUD! Do a web search (Hard Krome 3" baffles) and there you will find the baffle mod.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Steele
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had Stage II, 95", 203 SE cam SERT and T REX installed on my new '06 Road Glide.

Tech loaded a "generic" MAP for the first 100 miles, then they'll Dyno and really tune.

Bike runs great with the generic MAP, another 500 miles and I'll get the dyno done. Will post results.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My experience is T-REX suck big time! Look for holes in the pipe. My tuner was having a problem also and found holes in the pipe. I threw them in the dumpster, ate the $730 and put on Rinehart 2:1. Awesome perfomace and mileage. That said, many others are are happy with Hard Krome. I may just be upset because I was on the road and had no alternative.

I did make some disks for the T-Rex to provide some back pressure and quiet them down a bit as they gave me a headache. But the loss of performance was too great.

Check your pipes closley to make sure they have no holes. If they're OK, pull the balffles and machine some thin disks to fit as I did. See picture. Sorry I already gave them to a freind.

The post you're looking for refers to Danco Sink Strainers. Unfortunately the part number provided in that post must be incorrect as they are so small in diameter they will fall completely through the baffle. I looked for the correct size at Home Depot and could not find one. That's why I machined my own and took them to the tuner. You might try larger holes in the disk. Before we made them larger we found the holes in the pipe and went with the Rinehart.

Hard Krome is working on a quieter baffle and may have one availabe. You might try them direct!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3184/C570A7B603D94A8B84C7DC64F5F5935A.jpg[/IMG]