Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of slash-up, slash-down, and straight cut?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, I was thinking I'd do one side Fishtail and one side side-slash! Or not...waddya think?
I think we're gonna need more than one beer. But we can work that out!!

Again, appologies.

Yachtman

Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Straight cut Jackpots

Old 09-27-2009, 07:09 AM
bigtone
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hated these at first, but they grew on me after awhile......

Attached Thumbnails Pics of slash-up, slash-down, and straight cut?-dresser.jpg  

Last edited by bigtone; 09-27-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

You can see the general styling of the three types on the Jackpot site. The standalone shots on the black background are the old style, but those above them are the new. I don't think Jamie has gotten around to professionally photographing the new style yet.

The new style will look different, including a smoother surface (no weld) on the front bell, and the slash-cut angles will be less than the old. The new angle on the slash-ups will follow the shape of the saddlebags in the rear. FM will also be offering some tips, black and polished, for the new design and I for one am looking forward to seeing them.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:48 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
You can see the general styling of the three types on the Jackpot site. The standalone shots on the black background are the old style, but those above them are the new. I don't think Jamie has gotten around to professionally photographing the new style yet.

The new style will look different, including a smoother surface (no weld) on the front bell, and the slash-cut angles will be less than the old. The new angle on the slash-ups will follow the shape of the saddlebags in the rear. FM will also be offering some tips, black and polished, for the new design and I for one am looking forward to seeing them.
Indeed, thanks iclick, I appreciate the input! It's been nice to see them on some bikes.

I was at a good-sized rally a few weeks back in Ignacio, CO and saw a bunch of stuff of course. Most of what I was were:

1) Rineharts
2) Screaming eagle
3) and believe it or not, Hooker

That rally (four corners biker rally) was not a RUB crowd at all...which was nice...I think the setups you see in the Urban mass-retail HD dealer sponsored events tend to be V&H, Rinehart (still), and SE. Not sure why...just an observation...and it's purely my impression.

SG

Old 09-27-2009, 03:02 PM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FuelMoto Slash ups on my 09 RG, the angle matches the angle of the bags pretty well.