Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Bat Wing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RK Scooter
Thanks Glenn. I'll look at it again tonight. I'm leaning toward just returning it and going with another brand that won't need as much work.

That or going street glide.
The Street Glide's a great bike, just make sure you like the lowered riding position before dropping the big coin. Some love it, others don't so they get a RK w/fairing or take the trunk off an Electraglide.
I'm a little surprised that you say that fairing will fit on a Fatboy, as there's very little difference in the fitment to a RK, Heritage or FB as far as the headlamp diameter;
RKingHeritageFB
That's the same fiberglass parts, just different brackets.

Last edited by Glenn W; 08-03-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 AM
RK Scooter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm. OK my bike is a 2007 FLHP. Did the police bike have a bigger headlight/Nacelle than a standard RK?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmmm. OK my bike is a 2007 FLHP. Did the police bike have a bigger headlight/Nacelle than a standard RK?
Not that I know of, same fairing on a FLHP;

Lots of folks here have retired LEO bikes so hopefully they'll chime in.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CW4_131A
What the heck is wrong with you guys?

"Nice paint job", "I like what you did with your tach", "Can I put an old windshield on a new piece of crap Chinese fairing"?

Have you lost your minds?
Why did you buy a Road King? You bought a Road King because it looks like the bike our dad's road and they were men who owned the road.

Radio? They listened to the sound of the two cylinder beast eating asphalt and charming chicks.
Fairing? They didn't know what a fairing was and wouldn't have wanted one if they did!

I looked at a street glide once and the misses said, "so who are you going to get to ride with you on that thing, 'cause it isn't going to be me!"

If you want a fairing buy a fairy fairing Street Glide and leave the King of the streets as it is, the King of the Streets.
There ya go! Man, nice job...cracked me up...so flippin true on many levels.

I liked my SG just fine, but when I want to realllly FEEL like I am riding, the King is for me. Hell, I guess the truth is I wish I had one of each.

But yeah, it does get to be a bit much with these bikes anymore...I dunno, just me.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks to your detailed post, I found the exact marine radio cover I have been searching for and just ordered it from Overton's.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

nope, it's the same, just black instead of chrome. The bike in my sig pic is an 07 RK police with a Dragonfly fairing. You can see the headlight nacelle without the fairing in post 42.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 PM
redling36
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a picture of the attempted assembly to the RK.
Just got one of these and have the same problem. What did you do to make it fit?

Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
1968aj
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a wide open customs fairing on my road king ihave read some negative comments on this forum about them but mine is almost two years old no problems no complaints

Attached Thumbnails After Market Bat Wing Fairing-008.jpg   After Market Bat Wing Fairing-009.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 07:31 AM
RK Scooter
Advanced

Originally Posted by redling36
Just got one of these and have the same problem. What did you do to make it fit?
I returned it.

The seller still claims those will fit, but he referenced the money to my paypal. I'm now looking at a Woodys or Reckless.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
RK Scooter
Advanced

Just to follow up I ended up ordering a reckless fairing. It arrived today 4 days after ordering. The finish is far superior to the other one I bought and best of all it fits. Firts very well I might add. I'll look to get speakers and a stereo for it this winter and paint it but I am well pleased now.

Quick Reply: After Market Bat Wing Fairing