Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Bat Wing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's purposefully flat space to add tweeters, mini gauges, indicator lights or toggles, etc. I came across a good deal on some tweeters and am passing them along to folks who want them. The speakers I use are dual-cone, and separate tweeters do sound nicer.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

With all the questions on Road King Fairing I thought i would revive this thread.

I Also thought I'd update the status of the fairing. It's been on the bike for close to a year. The fairing is as solid as the day I received it and I have Zero problems with it. The only actual problem I have had with it was the cig lighter failed and had to replace it.

The person I purchased it from is selling them is on e-bay again and here is a link to his current item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...item43a03f122d

He's even using pictures of my bike!!!

There is some good info in this thread and hope it help some of the people that are looking at a aftermarket fairing.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 AM
mayfly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the update man - did you have to move your driving lights or add the 2" chrome ring to the headlight as he suggests on the ebay ad ?

Old 07-23-2010, 07:08 PM
RK Scooter
Advanced

I'm curious has anyone had a problem with one of these fairings not fitting the nacelle on their road king. I bought one but it will not clear the head light. The seller says the same model fits the heritage and road king. It would fit my fatboy with light bar fine.

Did you have to go to a different light on the RK?

Old 07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RK Scooter
I'm curious has anyone had a problem with one of these fairings not fitting the nacelle on their road king. I bought one but it will not clear the head light. The seller says the same model fits the heritage and road king. It would fit my fatboy with light bar fine.

Did you have to go to a different light on the RK?

Did you move the running lights to the front hole?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the heck is wrong with you guys?

"Nice paint job", "I like what you did with your tach", "Can I put an old windshield on a new piece of crap Chinese fairing"?

Have you lost your minds?
Why did you buy a Road King? You bought a Road King because it looks like the bike our dad's road and they were men who owned the road.

Radio? They listened to the sound of the two cylinder beast eating asphalt and charming chicks.
Fairing? They didn't know what a fairing was and wouldn't have wanted one if they did!

I looked at a street glide once and the misses said, "so who are you going to get to ride with you on that thing, 'cause it isn't going to be me!"

If you want a fairing buy a fairy fairing Street Glide and leave the King of the streets as it is, the King of the Streets.

Attached Thumbnails After Market Bat Wing Fairing-picture-7.jpg  

Last edited by CW4_131A; 07-23-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM
RK Scooter
Advanced

It's not the running lights. The opening won't fit around the nacelle.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Jahillsr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Subscribe.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

What the heck is wrong with you guys?

"Nice paint job", "I like what you did with your tach", "Can I put an old windshield on a new piece of crap Chinese fairing"?

Have you lost your minds?
Why did you buy a Road King? You bought a Road King because it looks like the bike our dad's road and they were men who owned the road.

Radio? They listened to the sound of the two cylinder beast eating asphalt and charming chicks.
Fairing? They didn't know what a fairing was and wouldn't have wanted one if they did!

I looked at a street glide once and the misses said, "so who are you going to get to ride with you on that thing, 'cause it isn't going to be me!"

If you want a fairing buy a fairy fairing Street Glide and leave the King of the streets as it is, the King of the Streets.
I purchased a Road King for Three Reasons.

1. After reviewing my available financing the Road King was the Best Touring Bike I could afford. I put down $9,000.00 that I had spent 5 years saving up and financed the rest. Sorry I can't live up to your standards.

2. The Road King is the Heart of every Harley Touring Bike Made. Street Glide, Road Glide, Ultra or limited all have a King underneath. Other than all the items that get bolted on to make the other bikes the only difference is the wiring harness.

3. The Road King is a dream bike. It a Transformer. It's what you want it to be!!!!! Today I want a stripped down bagger, 5 min everything is off and I'm in the wind. Tomorrow I want a street glide, throw on the fairing, plug in the harness turn up the tunes and hit the road. Time for a trip and the wife is going, throw the tour pack on, load it up and we're on our way and I can run with any ultra or limited out their.

Why do you they call it the KING. Maybe because it can do it all and it not limited to being one bike!

Fairing, Sorry Wrong Again, The Fairing in this post and on my bike was made by an American in his own shop at his own house on his own property. I've seen the Chinese fairings and they no where near the fit and finish of the one I purchased from an American trying to make a living.

As far as my Dad, he was a ***** that spent 28 years in the Army and retired a Command Sargent Major (E-9) And never owned a motor cycle in his life and was scared to death of them.

Me, I'm a retire Coast Guard Chief Engineer with 25 years of service. Which means I'm good at building fabricating and fixing pretty much anything.

I see by you tag you have earned the title of Road Captain (congrats) and have 584 post. I hope some of those post were actually you helping someone in lieu of going in and slamming someone thread because it didn't meet what you concept of what a certain bike should look like or be.

Have a nice day

Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
[B]
As far as my Dad, he was a ***** that spent 28 years in the Army and retired a Command Sargent Major (E-9) And never owned a motor cycle in his life and was scared to death of them.

Me, I'm a retire Coast Guard Chief Engineer with 25 years of service. Which means I'm good at building fabricating and fixing pretty much anything.
Wow, I would never call my dad a *****. That WWII vet would lurch out of his wheel chair and beat me silly with his cane if I ever called him a *****. You're a brave man to cal your dad a *****.

Also, I complement your work. The detail you completed on your upgrade is worthy of praise. As a retired Army electrical warrant officer I applaud your attention to detail and clean work. I just have a hard time taking the best looking bike on the road and dressing her in different clothes. It's like telling Miss America that she's needs better clothes to look good.

Quick Reply: After Market Bat Wing Fairing