Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Bat Wing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
bradleys
Tourer
Received 200 Likes on 70 Posts

This is the fairing that I am looking for. It does not look like any of the models offered by "Invicta" - it has the rear mounted speakers which I think gives it a much cleaner look.

I am going to email the ebay seller to see if he has any information, but does anyone here have a source for this Fairing?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
Glenn W

I do have a question that you, with you expertise can probably enlighten me on.

I picked up a 7' Memphis Shade windshield of E-bay for $20.00. I got this on to really determine what size windshield I really need.

The fairing has three attachment bolts for the windshield. The wind shield I picked up had three holes but it did not line up on the outer holes, so I drilled the windshield to fit.

The measurement from the center bolt to the outer bolts is 10 1/4 inches both ways.

So, What year windshields do I need to buy to fit this fairing.

Thanks For the help.
Sounds like a regular '96 & up Harley Electraglide family shield. Measuring on the outside radius a H-D shield is about 20-1/4" from outside screw to screw, so that sounds like yours. You find a shield yet?

Last edited by Glenn W; 10-22-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Duck
I went the more expensive route and bought a Deadcenter fairing painted. Some don't like the extra space above the radio but I was planning to fill it with some gauges or widescreen GPS. I also plan to add a tour pak but because my bike is a RKC I will get the leather ones to match my bags.

D.J

Like this?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

First Off, I figured out my windshield issue. The windshield I purchased off E-bay was a pre 1997. That's the reason the holes didn't line up.

I purchased a Long Ride 1997 & later windshield and it fit perfectly.

I finished the last few items on my fairing tonight. First, I found a bracket at work that is designed for bimini tops on boats. It is made out of stainless steel and is a claim shell design. The unique thing is it fits the Harley Davidson handle bars perfectly. Fabricated an aluminum plate and a little Velcro and I have all the tunes I need.

In the picture below it is the bracket that is attaching the MP3 player to the handle bars.

Second, I installed the Harley Davidson 2" tachometer in it's home in the fairing. It worked perfectly. Glad I planned out all the wiring before I ever started this project.

Third, installed the 9" Long Ride Windshield (With Flames) Couldn't pass it up. Deal with Long Ride was a pleasure.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great. I like the RPM gauge set up!.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Glenn W
Tourer

sweet! That boat top bracket looks like it was made for ya.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
badco_67
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R U Sure?

Originally Posted by Glenn W
That's one of the Chinese "Invicta" fairings. First they made a virtually identical copy of the one I designed at Hoppe's, then they added a version in Dragonfly's 6x9 style.
the fairing he went with has three screw holes for the windshield and the Chinese version has 5. Also, I didn't notice the area above the radio on Chinese ones for where he wants to put is tach. It looks like a different fairing, maybe I'm missing something though.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Great post Tex very informative, but for me I will stay with a windshield that is just me

Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Glenn W
Tourer

Originally Posted by badco_67
the fairing he went with has three screw holes for the windshield and the Chinese version has 5. Also, I didn't notice the area above the radio on Chinese ones for where he wants to put is tach. It looks like a different fairing, maybe I'm missing something though.
No, you're right and I was wro, wro, wro, um, factually incorrect

Old 11-04-2009, 04:53 PM
badco_67
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn W
No, you're right and I was wro, wro, wro, um, factually incorrect
no worries, seems like there are a lot of options. I have to say, I that I am impressed with your work Glenn. Not to completely steal this thread, but I noted that in another thread a customer of yours commented on 6 speakers, in looking at your website, I only saw a version for 4 speakers... are you adding a couple small tweeters to your fairings now as well?

I might be in the market first of the year, or more likely after tax season.....

Quick Reply: After Market Bat Wing Fairing