Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Bat Wing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole set up looks great.. I have the Quadzilla fairing.. I wish I would got the one you have.. Can't beat the 6x9 speaker set up.. not to mention the cost!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
TMair
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Glenn W
Glad they/you liked it Nothing personal btw, enjoy the ride-bike looks real nice.
Glenn good to see you here, I LOVE MY FAIRING!!
Thanks again
Terry

Old 09-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Glen, Are you still making fairings?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
He sure is, take a look at Woody's Fairings here: http://www.woodysfairings.com/

I just got back from a 600 mile trip to/from the York open house in PA with one of Glenn's fairings and it is rock solid on my King. I originally bought the no radio version for use with my Road Tech radio, but figured out that I needed a little more volume from the radio. Glenn was very accomodating in working with me to upgrade the fairing to the radio ready version, great service, the patience of a saint with e-mail back and forth.

The hardest thing I had to do was wire up the stereo when the new fairing arrived, but that was only a short job. Great quality, reasonable pricing and first rate service

Like Glenn said, I'm glad you're happy with your fairing.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, I left Hoppe in Aug. of last year and went back to being a industrial mechanic for a bit. I missed the bike stuff so I started my own company last Fall.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Glenn W

I do have a question that you, with you expertise can probably enlighten me on.

I picked up a 7' Memphis Shade windshield of E-bay for $20.00. I got this on to really determine what size windshield I really need.

The fairing has three attachment bolts for the windshield. The wind shield I picked up had three holes but it did not line up on the outer holes, so I drilled the windshield to fit.

The measurement from the center bolt to the outer bolts is 10 1/4 inches both ways.

So, What year windshields do I need to buy to fit this fairing.

Thanks For the help.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Jebster
Road Captain

I bought a fairing last year from Glen for my RKC, it was a very well made fairing and looked great on my King, I just recently traded my bike in for the RGC.. Glen at Woodys fairing is a great guy to deal with...

Old 09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glenn W

I do have a question that you, with you expertise can probably enlighten me on.

I picked up a 7' Memphis Shade windshield of E-bay for $20.00. I got this on to really determine what size windshield I really need.

The fairing has three attachment bolts for the windshield. The wind shield I picked up had three holes but it did not line up on the outer holes, so I drilled the windshield to fit.

The measurement from the center bolt to the outer bolts is 10 1/4 inches both ways.

So, What year windshields do I need to buy to fit this fairing.

Thanks For the help.
Just drill new holes.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

I did drill it. But if I'm going to order a new windshield, I'd would prefer to order one that I don't have to modify.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did drill it. But if I'm going to order a new windshield, I'd would prefer to order one that I don't have to modify.
Hi TR,
I'm not sure what the shield sizes are for the Invicta fairings, probably best to contact them or a dealer to find out what the shield options are for their fairings. It's entirely possible they did their own proprietary shape where only their own shields fit. There are other aftermarket fairings out there where you can use a '96 & up H-D fairing by drilling additional holes or trimming the bottom or both. I don't have deep enough pockets to want to develop and warehouse a minimum order of a bunch of different sized and tinted shields so I use ones designed as replacement shields for H-D. Other companies went other ways so it's best to just ask them. Sorry I can't help other than that.

Quick Reply: After Market Bat Wing Fairing