Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with a dog ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 AM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I see you live in NYC, it may be okay there but in the rest of the country its against the law to own a Harley and any dog under 60 pounds.
Jake (see avatar) is 30 pounds and says "60 pound dogs pi$$ themselves when I show my teeth." He rides sometimes when he feels like it. BTW, all of the 60 pound dogs around here are too skeert to ride.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty cool. Amazing though how some people are more worried about riding with their pets than they are riding with humans.

lol

Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM
hogwash
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Artman, Nice setup.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a T-Bags Pet carrier. Brand new in box, just made for a tour pack rack. I've sold my bike I will take $125 + $10 shipping. This will solve all the problems of the OP.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as the dog is happy riding then I don't see any problem with it or it being cruel. My dog use to love riding on my quads when I was young and as I grew up and got into dirt bikes he would actually sit on the seat in front of me with one leg on each side like a human and he even leaned with the turns haha. I want to bring him with me also every now and then cause he would love it...( when i fire up the bike he runs to my leg and hops as if he's telling me to pick him up and take him with me) The safest way I can think of (if not a side car) is to get a used hardbag and put it in place of one of your hardbags, then pad the inside so the pooch is comfy and anchor a restraint to the front of the bag so he/she can move around but not come close to falling out. I also thought to pad the rim of the bag with foam so my pooch can rest his arms up as he really likes to do like hes hanging out the car window. also make sure you lock the bag into place cause with a pooch moving around it could untwist the stock locks.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:50 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We talked to a guy at the 2003 HomeRun in Milwaukee who had is Mastiff with him. The Mastiff rode in his side car from California!

Old 10-03-2009, 04:22 PM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Wife uses this front pouch setup for Callie.
She has a harness on the dog (Pomeranian) and it clips to the inside of the pouch.
When she gets her 2010 TG later this Month she will ride with her and will not have
to worry about the unstability of having her with her.
Rob .....

Attached Thumbnails Riding with a dog ??-callie-1st-ride.jpg  

Last edited by robandlyn; 10-03-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roadie (see the sig pic) loves to ride outside the carrier, as long as I keep it below about 50 mph. He wears a harness and is strapped in front and rear. He will wear the doggles as long as he is on the bike. The minute he get off, he is taking them off....

Monty

Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I see you live in NYC, it may be okay there but in the rest of the country its against the law to own a Harley and any dog under 60 pounds.
Some don't need a big dog to prove ???

Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
JBomar
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle Pet Carrier

We ride with our Jack Russel all the time....some pics in the gallery...

We make sure she has her Doggles on to protect her eyes, is strapped in with a 3-point harness and have from time to time put little cotton ***** in her ears....lots of work but she seems to love it...will tackle ya going out the door to ride!

www.hawgsbestfriend.com

Quick Reply: Riding with a dog ??