Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seats Are Comfortable - My A$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Matt115
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Seats Are Comfortable - My A$$

I absolutely think you are right on that one, DWhite. I'm a "lean" person, and I can't sit in one place for very long. Ever car seats start to ache after a while.

So how long can someone sit on a bike and ride without stopping?

ORIGINAL: DWhite

ORIGINAL: Matt115

Maybe my butt doesn't have enough cushion for a 200 miles ride, or maybe it's still too early and the seat still needs more mileage to conform, but that was not fun toward the end of the trip.

Matt
Another thought. I dont know how much riding time you have to gauge but you might have one of those butts that arent comfortable no matter what they put on. Have you checked any of the jell seats?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Matt115
Advanced

I'm not experiencing any back pain, Kahuna. With the backrest, I feel like I'm in a lounge chair. Maybe I'm moving around too much in the saddle. My wife commented that I never sat still, and kept shuffling. maybe that caused it.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

Matt,

I too, had a Mustang backrest, and ended up selling it. It was sitting too high on my back (I'm 5'8"). With the Corbin, the backrest is sitting perfectly on my lower back (bit above the tailbone area). On your shuffling, do you use highway pegs or floorboards? I found I do shuffle if my feet are on the vibrating floorboards too long. Highway pegs helped by letting you change your legs position and get less vibration. Just a thought.

ORIGINAL: Matt115

I'm not experiencing any back pain, Kahuna. With the backrest, I feel like I'm in a lounge chair. Maybe I'm moving around too much in the saddle. My wife commented that I never sat still, and kept shuffling. maybe that caused it.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 PM
hangnman
Tourer

I love mustang seats can ride all day long on mine......but my buddy hates them because he does not order the right one wants the sleek look....vintage touring seat will be comfortable i guarantee it!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain

I love my Mustang and can ride all day, however it just may not work for you. Corbin may be what you need.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:54 PM
adamzapple
Cruiser

Not to hijack the thread but my fiancee is having burning butt issues with the Sundowner. I was considering an Airhawk pillion cushion for her. Anyone use one. What are the pros and cons of the Airhawk vs. a gelpad?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:08 PM
DWhite
Tourer

I have the vintage Mustang seat as well

Old 06-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Matt115
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Kahuna
On your shuffling, do you use highway pegs or floorboards? I found I do shuffle if my feet are on the vibrating floorboards too long. Highway pegs helped by letting you change your legs position and get less vibration. Just a thought.
I use both my floor boards and my higways pegs. Considering the ride was very curvy, I didn't put my feet on highway pegs for very long. I wanted to feel a little more in control around the turns.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a Corbin, and can ride all day long, 10 to 12 hours, without a problem. I had a Mustang before that and didn't have any real problems with it, I just didn't think it was a comfortable, as well made, or looked as good as the Corbin.

You say that this is the first long, 200 mile, ride that you have taken. Have you considered that you are just not used to riding yet? Give yourself some time to get used to things. Try to take a lot of breaks at first, and work up to the long rides gradually. When you really get the hang of things and get your butt broke in, you should be able to ride between gas stops with out a problem.

Regards,

Bill

Old 06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Matt115
Advanced

That's a good thought, Bill. Maybe its my butt that broken in, not the seat. That is prbably true, considering all the shuffling I did in the seat.

BTW: I like the look af your Corbin. Which one is that?

Matt

ORIGINAL: billnourse

I have a Corbin, and can ride all day long, 10 to 12 hours, without a problem. I had a Mustang before that and didn't have any real problems with it, I just didn't think it was a comfortable, as well made, or looked as good as the Corbin.

You say that this is the first long, 200 mile, ride that you have taken. Have you considered that you are just not used to riding yet? Give yourself some time to get used to things. Try to take a lot of breaks at first, and work up to the long rides gradually. When you really get the hang of things and get your butt broke in, you should be able to ride between gas stops with out a problem.

Regards,

Bill

Quick Reply: Mustang Seats Are Comfortable - My A$$