Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Radio on a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005 | 11:02 PM
gsparesa
|
Tourer
Default CB Radio on a Road Glide

Fellow bikers,

I need your CB installation experiences. I'm getting a '05 Road Glide and would like to add a CB radio. I have a J&M Handlebar-mounted motorcycle CB/audio system. I haven't decided on the type of antenna, top load or bottom load. I haven't decided if I should hide the AM/FM antenna or just have two antennas mounted on the rear. I know I want the antennas quick mounted so that If I choose to add a tour pack, I can easily relocate the antennas.

By searching the WEB, I found Tune Trapper anntenna to eliminate the rear AM/FM antenna, if I choose to go that route. I found Sierra Electronics,
Premier Electronics and Walcott CB for some of my parts. If you have more sources please list them for me. I'm still looking for a bottom loaded antenna that is narrow enough to fit between the saddle bags and brace.

Which way did you choose to install a CB radio on your RG, HD or third party?
If you use a removable tour pack, how did you choose to deal with that obstacle?
What antenna system are you using?
How much did your instalation cost?
Where did you purchase your parts?

Thanks.