Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:22 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Brake light conversion kit

Just installed the new brake light kit, the one with running lights as well as brake lights/signals. It seems like the tail lights are almost as bright as the brake light. There is a difference but not alot when you apply the brakes. Anybody notice this with theirs? The old conversion kits were just brake lights without running lights which you can't get anymore. I think they were more noticable, but are now obsolete.
Cheers!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:11 AM
kpshooter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake light conversion kit

I have an '06 RK that I put the same kit on -- it does the same thing, function as running lights/brake/turn signals. Funny thing was the guy helping me put all my parts on has an '03 RK with the older kit -- his don't function as running lights. My brake lights are only slightly brighter than my running lights too. I am debating buying the BackOff XP brake light modulator.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 AM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the "TailBones" plug in kit from Biketronics .. Tail, Brake & Turn Signals and I have a good contrast between the Tail and Brake lights. Biketronics TailBones [8D]

Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine appear to be as bright as the tail light and when the breaks are applied they might even be a tad bit brighter. I was thinking about get the module that makes them flash when I apply the breaks also. Still haven’t found one that I like. My dealer sells a license plate bracket that has a red LED going across ithe bottom, that might be a good place to put the flasher, that way it still flashes but the whole thing doesn’t flash.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 AM
ZookHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pony up for the Kuryakyn Panacea tail light. I did It has amber turn arrows in it and when you apply the brakes it flashes a few times. Its led so its bright and uses very little juice. Heres a pic of the back of my bike. Ben

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/8C2FD749EA1B453CB854960B202C7BCC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/622CDDD6AE5F431181FB1A952065C47A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that Run/Turn/Brake module that HD has is very unsafe. I was riding in a PGR ride following a guy who had that set up and the difference between running and brake was so minimal that you couldn't tell he had hit the brakes and I damn near ran over top him a couple times before I dropped out of formation and dropped to the back of the pack.

I know that most people are watching for a change in the lights and if your turn signals light up as brake lights only when you hit the brakes it is a noticable change. There is no way I want another bike and especially a car sliding up behind me or possibly rearending me because they didn't notice the difference in my lights.

To each his own, but not for me, NO WAY!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 PM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey ZookHD,

Nice looking bike!!

chappy

Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I don't like the idea of the running lights. When the two extra brake lights come on it gets more attention than three lights just getting brighter. Just my opinion.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:01 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tried the brake/running light module and did not like it. There was very little difference. Took it off. I put dual filament (front) turnsignals on the rear and used the old style brake mdule that just does the brake light. Works great...

Old 06-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: wldhogn

I'm running the "TailBones" plug in kit from Biketronics .. Tail, Brake & Turn Signals and I have a good contrast between the Tail and Brake lights. Biketronics TailBones [8D]

thats a gorgeous RG

Quick Reply: Brake light conversion kit