Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

show your bagger with apes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 AM
purdyman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical guy I was yesterday - Went to the dealership with WO758 - 10" on my brain and walked out buying Santee 11" ( Fred Kodlin ) Chrome, and it that was not such a bad thing , again typical guy ( I want) he ended up selling me complete braided cables - HTF does that happen Picking my bike up next week if the weather breaks, have to haul it 8 hours home - so temps cannot be 20 below! These are the bars:

Attached Thumbnails show your bagger with apes-fredkodlin.jpg   show your bagger with apes-240_3_l.jpg   show your bagger with apes-182_4_l.jpg   show your bagger with apes-208_4_l.jpg   show your bagger with apes-210_1_l.jpg  

Last edited by purdyman; 02-01-2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: forgot photo
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM
CPT America
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

08 SG with Road6 Customs 10" mini's

Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CPT America

I had them on my Nighty. Loved the bars but could not find anyone that had them on a glide when I swapped bars this time...AND I wanted chrome not black. Look great. My nighty bars were hell to wire internally...how were they on the glide?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
CPT America
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Stang951
I had them on my Nighty. Loved the bars but could not find anyone that had them on a glide when I swapped bars this time...AND I wanted chrome not black. Look great. My nighty bars were hell to wire internally...how were they on the glide?
For me they were impossible to wire internally. After I snaked the TBW through there was no way I could get the rest of the wiring routed internally with the cruise and radio and signal wires. After 4 hours of trying everything from baby powder to WD40 to vasoline I gave up. I know a lot of guys think its a MUST to have them internally wired but I figured the stockers weren't wired internally and it never got on my nerves so screw it. To be honest I don't even notice the wiring. The fairing does a good job masking it. When I eventually get a new(er) SG and swap out to apes again I will most certainly get a 1.5" diameter set so I can take another crack at the internal wiring.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

For me they were impossible to wire internally. After I snaked the TBW through there was no way I could get the rest of the wiring routed internally with the cruise and radio and signal wires. After 4 hours of trying everything from baby powder to WD40 to vasoline I gave up. I know a lot of guys think its a MUST to have them internally wired but I figured the stockers weren't wired internally and it never got on my nerves so screw it. To be honest I don't even notice the wiring. The fairing does a good job masking it. When I eventually get a new(er) SG and swap out to apes again I will most certainly get a 1.5" diameter set so I can take another crack at the internal wiring.
How's the wrist angle on them?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

so you are using stock fairing mirrors........how's that working out for you?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
CPT America
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Stang951
How's the wrist angle on them?
Because of the LePera seat I sit lower in the bike which makes the wrist angle pretty neutral. I don't have any complaints about it yet, but I haven't done any long rides with them yet.

Originally Posted by dugan
so you are using stock fairing mirrors........how's that working out for you?
I actually relocated the stock mirrors down about 1". They're useable. Not perfect, but they do the job.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

so your lepara suits you a bit lower, out of curiosity do you know of a seat that'd be perhaps a bit higher (and farther back). i'm tall, and i constantly find myself pushing back into the stock (HD sundowner) seat as far as I can go.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
taconite
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

13" gangster apes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 AM
CPT America
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Jasper86
so your lepara suits you a bit lower, out of curiosity do you know of a seat that'd be perhaps a bit higher (and farther back). i'm tall, and i constantly find myself pushing back into the stock (HD sundowner) seat as far as I can go.
I don't off hand know of any seat like you're wanting. The LePera definitely sits me farther back than the Mustang seat I have or the stock SG seat. I think maybe something like that with some forward extensions for your floorboards might help you out a little bit. If you search around you could probably find a good used LePera and set of forward extensions for the same price as a new seat. Might be worth giving it a shot.

Quick Reply: show your bagger with apes