Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two-up Stealth Luggage Rack (53472-09)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Marathon_Rat
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two-up Stealth Luggage Rack (53472-09)

For those of you who own this (or have checked it out), what do you think of it? I'm looking to purchase a luggage rack for my '09 Road King and I like the looks of this one over the one with the lip (54215-09) but would like confirmation that others are happy with it.

I would primarily top it with a T-bag for long trips, but it would also see the occaisonal duffle bag or tent and sleeping bag. Does the slope of the rack make it difficult to strap down a duffle bag to it?
Thanks,
Matt

Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM
hogwash
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it on for a season but removed it(look in my albums). I like the look with my chopped tour pack on but I ride without it now. I prefer the smooth look of the rear fender though it is the only rack I liked the look of. It matches the organic look of the 360* highway pegs and custom aux lighting bracket kit pretty well also.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Marathon_Rat
6th Gear

Thanks Hogwash. The pictures helped a lot. I think I'll start hunting one down. Nice bike, by the way!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 AM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the stealth rack also but it was too much extra money for me. I use this one (54215-09) but it fits my Kury Gran Tour bag perfectly. The "lip" actually curls right up in front of this bag. However, the rack also comes off as soon as I am not using it. The fender looks much better IMO My rack is a sometime item and when it has stuff on it you can't see it anyway.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by bellgnte
I like the stealth rack also but it was too much extra money for me. I use this one (54215-09) but it fits my Kury Gran Tour bag perfectly. The "lip" actually curls right up in front of this bag.
bellgnte, can you post a picture? What other hardware does it require?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

Originally Posted by threeten
bellgnte, can you post a picture? What other hardware does it require?

Sure, I can do that. I can try to get some pics on by this evening. I will get with the rack and then with the bag added.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. Which hardware? For the rack to be added to the bike, you just need the docking hardware (you probably know that ). The bag itself comes with all the straps and a cable lock. It is a nice looking bag and doesn't look like a chest of drawers on the back. Just joking.....it held enough for the five day trip the wife and I took (with saddlebags of course).

Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have it on my 09 SG and it works fine with a Lonestar T-bag. I like the lower profile look and the only time I actually use it is with the T-bag.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

I have been going back and forth on a luggage rack for my 08 SG. I like the "lines" of the stealth rack versus any other luggage rack. The list is $309.00, but I just bought one (new) on E-bay for $245.00 shipped. After spending as much as I have on my "ride", I just can't nickel and dime it at this point, It's got to look good as well as perform.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Marathon_Rat
6th Gear

After seeing the pictures from Hogwash, I like the lines of the stealth rack but how much time will it actually be on my bike? When it is on my bike, there will be something attached to it so I won't even see it. I'm not usually this indecisive. I feel like a chick looking at purses (no offense intended).

Quick Reply: Two-up Stealth Luggage Rack (53472-09)