Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping company recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:05 AM
missy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna925
Stay away from INCOGNITO EXPRESS and EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT. My bike sat in the back of a trailer for 28 days!! took 44 days to get the bike from the time I paid for shipping. RIP OFF!!!!! Oh and the guy that answers the phones for Incognito is a total A-HOLE!!!
I have used Incognito Express numerous times for Bike Week and Sturgis and never had any issues. They by far have done a great job! I guess sometimes in life **** happens.... I do know that they provide like 1 million in Insurance in case of some sort of accident with a 0 deductible. I like that!
Anyhow, I would definitely suggest Incognito Express to anyone looking for transportation.
There are a lot of Brokers out there that are portraying themselves as the actual shipping company...Watch out for them. You pay more anytime a Broker is involved.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 AM
karter
Advanced

Just shipped an 04 Sportster from Ohio to California using a company called Daily Direct Motorcycle Transportation (1-888-HAULBIKES ) Took a little over 3 weeks and it arrived yesterday . My son said it was a little dirty(dusty) but overall he was very pleased . Daily Direct uses specific trailers made for motorcycle hauling . Looks like a big Nascar hauler . They tiedown the bikes to a specially made pallet .When the driver picked up my bike he may have had room for 1 or 2 more bikes. Overall this company made a great impression on me and my son . And not a bad price at $640
Sorry had to add, The bikes are shipped ready to go ,gas in tank , battery connected . I zip tied a key to the handlebars ,my son fired it up and drove it home . The 2nd. thing ,this is a very large semi & trailer so they need a large area like a Home Depot lot or industrial park to off-load ,and the driver will call a day ahead to confirm delivery .

Last edited by karter; 01-28-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

check out www. haul bikes.com no need to drain any thing door to door shipping

Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Daily Direct - not bad but slow. I second the suggestion to do a Uship online quote. The best way to go IMHO. Also, the only shipper that makes you drain everything, which I am aware of, is Fowrard Air.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used Federal (allied Van Lines) twice to ship from Alabama to Seattle. About $500 bucks and the do have insurance, load on pallets, and ship in Vans. I had good service from them.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:19 PM
2D3K1H1B1HIM
Cruiser

Worked for Haulbikes they are a great co but you need to get everything in writing with any shipping co.Add extra ins as things do happen...not often but they do happen...In the 2 years I delivered bikes only had 2 claims but one was a custom painted bike long story short I took photo of every bike I loaded to cover my BUTT 2 weeks after delivery he claims its scratched after he signed a clean delivery receipt.They took his side cause the customer is always right...until the bill came in at 10,000.00 paint job...they finally settle for less but I had proof it was clean at delivery but I degress anyway cover your butt with any carrier.You never said where it is,I see your in MD .HAVE HEARD GOOD ABOUT kEYBOARD.Dont use shipping masters and get EVERYTHING in WRITING.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:27 PM
ridemx
Intermediate

Try Shippingmasters.com for motorcycle shipping. Shippingmasters is a licensed and bonded motorcycle shipping broker in business since 1999 with very competitive rates and a better business bureau member with an A+ rating. Shippingmasters also offers a payment and title transfer service. If you are buying a bike from an individual out of state this service is very helpful.

Last edited by ridemx; 11-16-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

i work for an auto relocation broker, we do ship bikes but ill be honest it would be cheaper to do it direct with a carrier obviously. but i saw where someone said you had to drain the fluids, we ship bikes on a daily basis and fluids do not have to be drained. there just needs to be a small amount of gas if the vehicle is being transported over seas. other than that everything can be left the same.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Give these guys a shout http://www.incognitoexpress.com/testimonials.htm

They were at around $550 from Ft Worth TX to Vegas. They used an enclosed trailer, good service, communication, etc. I would recommend.