Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage III 103" warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:29 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage III 103" warranty?

I have been looking through the screaming eagle pro racing parts book and can't find any warranty on the 103" stage III kit. There is wording for warranty on the stage I & II if installed at the time of delivery.
I started wondering about this b/c I had thought that there was coverage on the III kit also if installed at delivery but my dealer says Harley will not cover it under the 2 year term of the initial coverage. I remember someone saying on this forum there is some law (can't remember the name) that manufactures have to follow to warranty their parts.

I suspect there is some sort of warranty on the parts but I don't know if it voids the full coverage on the bike or not.

I am sure someone on here knows the answer. I am more intrigued to know if this is a dealer to dealer thing? Any info would help!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

I had a 103" Stage III installed before delivery and I have been assured by the Service Manager, the General Manager and Owner of the dealership that I call my 'home' dealership, that the engine will be covered under Warranty, if it should ever come to fruition.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by KoalaCowboy
I had a 103" Stage III installed before delivery and I have been assured by the Service Manager, the General Manager and Owner of the dealership that I call my 'home' dealership, that the engine will be covered under Warranty, if it should ever come to fruition.

See that is interesting to me b/c my dealer says I have to buy an extended coverage warranty that is not a Harley warranty to cover the 103"kit.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Hmmm....

Not sure what to tell ya.

Hopefully I never have to 'use' the warranty.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by KoalaCowboy
Hmmm....

Not sure what to tell ya.

Hopefully I never have to 'use' the warranty.

Was told by another dealer today that harley will not warranty the Stage III 103" racing kit and the reason is b/c it is the racing kit, however I can buy (go figure) extended coverage that will cover those parts.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

The Extended Warranty is through a third party, not HD, and is not transferrable to other dealers.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
The Extended Warranty is through a third party, not HD, and is not transferrable to other dealers.
Yes also found that out too, would suck if I were to break down out of town

Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't know what "extended warranty" y'all are referring to in your comments that it's not "transferrable" to other dealerships.

The HD Extended Service Plan on my bike provided that covered repairs would be done at any HD dealership. In fact, covered repairs had to be done at an HD dealership, not an indy. It included a feature for reimbursement for hotel, for example, if a covered repair was necessary while on a trip.

Suggestion: Stop by an HD store and ask to see the ESP contract form, and read it rather than taking some parts manager/service manager/salesman's opinion. It will take you about 10 minutes to read the thing.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

I had always thought that when you put racing only parts on you got the "Oklahoma guarantee" with the installation of said parts, meaning if the bike broke in half you still owned both halves!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
I don't know what "extended warranty" y'all are referring to in your comments that it's not "transferrable" to other dealerships.

The HD Extended Service Plan on my bike provided that covered repairs would be done at any HD dealership. In fact, covered repairs had to be done at an HD dealership, not an indy. It included a feature for reimbursement for hotel, for example, if a covered repair was necessary while on a trip.

Suggestion: Stop by an HD store and ask to see the ESP contract form, and read it rather than taking some parts manager/service manager/salesman's opinion. It will take you about 10 minutes to read the thing.
I did do that, it is not the ESP plan from Harley it is a different extended warrenty plan at my dealer for Performance parts "IE the racing kits"
Harley cannot offer extended warranty on the so called racing kits due to EPA regulations at least that is what the warranty person himself told me today. I tend to believe that b/c Harley wouldn't put the pipes on the bikes that they do these days if they were not restricted by emission laws.

I am just trying to find out if there are dealers that will honor the upgrade without sticking an extra cost for another warrenty onto the bike.

Quick Reply: Stage III 103" warranty?