Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Flexpower Hidden antenna and 7.25" speaker reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
BradC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Flexpower Hidden antenna and 7.25" speaker reviews

Just a quick review of the new J&M Flexpower hidden antenna and the new 7.25" speakers.

Both were bought from Dr. V-Twin. Shawn has great prices and excellent customer service.

Both were easy to install. I can follow directions, but have very little mechanical experience.

The antenna seems to work great for stations that are normally strong. For stations that are marginal, I will say that the hidden antenna makes them more marginal. If you are trying to bring in stations that are iffy to begin with, I don't think you will like the hidden antenna. BUT, if you live near the signals (like me), the larger stations that normally come in good work just fine with the antenna. Being as I listen to my iPhone 90% of the time, and I live in a large city with strong FM signals....I am very happy to have the hidden antenna.

Many reviews have been written on the 7.25" speakers, so I will not go in to great detail. But, the speakers are a HUGE improvment over stock. Great bass, strong and clear sound when turned up. No distortion. I am running them without an amp, so I can only imagine they would be even better with one. Again, very happy with this purchase as well.

Regards,

Brad

Old 09-20-2009, 02:02 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Brad ,,,,,

thank you, that is a good, honest review ,,, especially in reference to our FLEXPOWER in-fairing antenna ,,,,

NO in-fairing antenna will outperform a good rear mounted antenna, but the J&M comes close and also works well on the AM and WB which is way above what the other brand in-fairing antennas are able to do ,,,,,

J&M also has the ONLY in-fairing 40ch CB antenna, which was a very big challenge to get to work properly ,,,,,

BOTH ,,, on the Harley Classics page at www.jmcorp.com ,,,,,,

Old 09-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Blitz63
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the stock sized J&M speakers that I bought at Sturgis this year and LOVE them. Also the Klock Werks wind deflector is great....Hit I-90 with the demo on at 90 mph turned around at the next exit and bought a new one!!