Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
nh_glide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light Help?

I'm sure I'm missing something...I found the post that describes how to determine the Check Engine Light code(s) by jumping pins 1 & 2 of the data link connector under the right side cover of my 06 FLHT but much to my dismay...pins 1, 3 & 4 are available but pin 2 has a plug - am I looking at the correct connector? Has something changed with the 06's? Help? Check Engine light comes on sporadically since installing the Active Performance Exhaust and AC kit (with download). I also realized this a.m. that I goofed and did a fill up with low octane fuel which may be aggrevating the condition - but having the codes output and defined would sure help.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Kahuna
Road Master
Default RE: Check Engine Light Help?

You should not have to jump any pins to see your code. You should be able to see the code on your odometer by using your ignition switch. Can someone please post the instructions on this? I can't seem to find mine.

ORIGINAL: nh_glide

I'm sure I'm missing something...I found the post that describes how to determine the Check Engine Light code(s) by jumping pins 1 & 2 of the data link connector under the right side cover of my 06 FLHT but much to my dismay...pins 1, 3 & 4 are available but pin 2 has a plug - am I looking at the correct connector? Has something changed with the 06's? Help? Check Engine light comes on sporadically since installing the Active Performance Exhaust and AC kit (with download). I also realized this a.m. that I goofed and did a fill up with low octane fuel which may be aggrevating the condition - but having the codes output and defined would sure help.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I found the link that has instructions on how to check your own code:

http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/0405troublecodes.htm

Try it and let me know if it worked for you.

Kahuna

Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
nh_glide
Novice

Thanks - yea I also found this but...the code that comes up is P1475. I don't see that one listed. Thoughts?

Old 06-19-2006, 10:20 PM
bradvols
Cruiser

I think that is the same code I was getting, it came out to be a Buell code ????? Once the shop redownloaded the map all was fine. Sometimes the computer just goes wacko.