Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joke turned into an upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:24 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by DMJFatboy
2 things I learned a long time ago. 1st, If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, 2nd, mind your own business.

OP, enjoy your new scoot.

If we all minded our own business the threads would start and end with the original poster. I admire anyone who takes a stand for someone else. I love the fact that this board allows us the freedom to voice or opinions, provoke thought and yes...even controversy. When someone publicly shares a post I am of the opinion...and I may be wrong... that they understand they are inviting feedback and it may be good, bad or indifferent. Nature of the beast here. Aside from outright name calling and insults any opinion is fair game. Somene paints there bike and says what do you think? I'll give em my honest opinion. In the end they don't care anyway (and they shouldn't) because they did what they felt was best and as long as they are happy...cool. And the if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything is a nice ideal. Probably a good one to try and follow and not appy randomly. Also one few people will live up to. For example " If he had any ***** he would show his face...coward" is what you posted somewhere else on this forum. Now that wasn't nice.

Last edited by chromedome; 09-20-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Why so many negative comments about how long he is going to pay for it? What does is matter to you? He is paying for it not you and if he and his wife are happy mind your own busniess. Can't you just be happy he got a new bike and end there.
No, because there still might be people out there who are fooled into the payment amount trap. The fact that he was proud of getting a great deal from the poor starving salesman makes me suspect he fell for it. It's not the end of the world, and I do wish him luck. Many people are fully cognizant of the risks of rolling negative-equity into a new loan and choose to do so knowingly because their desire outweighs common sense. Few would admit to doing so publicly. It's like screaming "Hey, I just flushed $2,000 down the toilet 'coz I like the sound!".

Last edited by KopperTop; 09-20-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

It's sooooo good to be (riding) the King!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saw*me
Man, Give the guy a break. You all sound like my mother in law. Great bike and enjoy. I think the Steelers need to loose some $$$$ once in awhile. Unless you want to pay 40,000 for a stock RK in a couple of years..

Tom

I didn't know the NFL was selling motorcycles...LOL.

But in the event you meant STEALERS, then I can assure you this one didn't "lose" money, esp at $19K (which is $2K over retail) and a lesser valued 2 year old Street Bob traded in and the payment stayed the same...based on all that they made a TON on this deal I assure you, not matter what they "claimed". Remember if a car/MC salesman's lips are moving during a deal, he's lying.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dombow77
Congrats on the new King, you will love it. I traded my Street Bob for a Road Glide. Well my wife did it for me without me knowing. Stopped by to see her (she worked part time at Manchester HD) and she says come with me, and out back of the Harley shop there sat my new Road glide. Talk about a wife that is into it. By The way Jake, what did you trade in for. I loved your LR.
Hey Dombow, how have you been?

I traded my 07' Low Rider for an 09' Road King. I freaking love this bike and should have done it a long time ago. As sweet as my LR was, I don't miss it...yet. This RK rides so much better, especially 2 up. And now that I added slip ons, A/C, and the PC-V, the bike came to life!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
skidz5453
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does she have a sister

Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Ya...For the 3rd time does she have a sister...Send pics of the bike SHE wants....:-)

Old 09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys, I disagree with anyone providing negative (or even informative) feedback on how much he paid or anything else related to the deal. The fact is, he DIDN'T ask for any feedback about the deal. It would've been different if he had created the thread to ask what we thought about the deal. The thread was about how happy he was that he and his lovely wife agreed on upgrading. Good for them. I hope they have a great time on their new ride. Save throwing your wet blankets on people who ask for it, not for people who are just enjoying their rides.

ps - Sounds to me like a few of you need to head out for a nice fun ride.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

Welcome to being one of the "Kings" of the Road.
Similar story here.
We're looking around the dealership one day and the wife says, "I like this one".
It's the bike in this shot.
I like it. She likes it. Nuff said.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
stamper5498
Road Captain

Why so many negative comments about how long he is going to pay for it? What does is matter to you? He is paying for it not you and if he and his wife are happy mind your own busniess. Can't you just be happy he got a new bike and end there.

+1 The guy and his wife are happy and I (and wife) are happy for them. Let them enjoy the new ride. It must be a big deal to them or they would not have shared the experience with us. Be Proud!! Not Loud!!

Quick Reply: Joke turned into an upgrade