Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

awesome news on my new 25 injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default awesome news on my new 25 injectors

ive had more problems with my dealer saying they wont replace my "8 injectors, because i have the pcIII, s.e air cleaner, and rineharts, & the want to dynotune the bike first 6 hours before even looking at the injectors. even though i explained i was having the same cold starts, stalling and backfiring problems when the bike was stock. ive been at this dealer 5 times arguing my point that i want the new injectors. i was fed up and called another dealer over the phone and explained my situation, the genleman told me there was a warranty issue on the #8 injectors and he will gladly replace the injectors with no problem and change the stock ecu. he set me up an appointment for next thursday. so not only will this dealer be getting my services consistantly, im also having the bike dynoed the same day. he told me 4 hours max. getting this service over the phone without even purchacing the bike here i will continue to drive the exta 40 miles (beautiful ride) to get my bike serviced here, rather than the dealer i bought it from. this good news has giving me sense of relief. it will be so nice to ride a brand new bike without these problems ive been expierincing. i will definatly update everyone on the performance of the new injectors and dyno run. if anyone is having problems with their dealer replacing stock #8 injectors. try callling a different dealer in your area, and explaining your situation. it could be worth the drive.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:54 PM
06ALULTRA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: awesome news on my new 25 injectors

Glad you got some help

Old 06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Deja vu!!!!

Same EXACT scenario.

Having injectors replaced this Thursday, 35 mile drive to dealer. Dealer 3 miles from my home wouldn't hear of it - says it's the exhaust, even when confronted with the Tech Bulletin.

Go figure!!

My wife is now in the market for a bike, and the local dealer doesn't have a prayer of getting our business.

Sammi

Old 06-19-2006, 12:57 PM
davesnhere
Cruiser

Hey, That's great news! I myself was sweating the hard time I started to get at my dealer when it came to replacing mine, but thankfully he saw the light and made the switch at my 1000 mile service. Bike has ran great ever since, like it should have out of the box! Let us know how your bike runs after you have the service done. I noticed the difference with mine as soon as I started it up at the dealers, and couldn't be happier with my Ultra now!

Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Segerfan
Advanced

I too am having cold start problems and misfiring. I have an appt. on saturday morning at my dealer in Evansville and I hope that they will change them out for me. I am taking a copy of the Service Bulletin with me also. I am kind of from your area maybe 90 mi.south of you. Which dealer did you go to that changed the injectors for you in case my dealer isn't willing to do that? I may have to give them a ring.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Cache
Tourer

[color=#990000]What do you mean there is a warranty issue?

Please explain the dealers comments who stated the warranty issues.

Thanks. I need the ammo to take to my dealer.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:03 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

I was able to get the original dealer to do the injectors, but I had to be really consistent, AND I HAD TO CALL HARLEY CUSTOMER SERVICE.. and it took them having the bike 9 days, and then while it was there, I had asked about the CD player skipping... They ignored that line item on the ticket, so I was pretty much done with that particular dealer. I started to talking to folks where I work, and they complained about a lot of dealers in the area, both in VA and MD. This weekend, I rode to Winchester HD. I talked to the guys about my issues, and they understood them completely. They were actually excited about getting a few things dialed in! (WOW!) They thanked me repeatedly for riding out to see their setup. They explained what they were going to do, how long it would take, where there could be a problem, and what we would do about it. Nobody kissed any heinie, but they made a nice sale, and I felt like I was getting my point across. Good guys all around! They did not ignore anything I had to say, did not take it personally, and were happy to explain what they thought would help! Dude, how cool is that?

Bottom line is that because I felt like I had found a place that had their heads on straight, I made an appointment to have the bike worked on, and after the 4th, I will be sporting Rinehart True Duals, the Race Tuner, and SE intake. All the parts were in stock, I got a 15% discount because they were running specials! Still dropped a lot of coin, but it was really nice to talk to some people that had something other to say than "you probably have never owned an air-cooled bike". If the follow-through is as good as I think it will be, I will drive from Bethesda MD to Winchester VA to have any work done. One side of it sucks, because the orig dealer was 30 minutes away, but their attitude sucked, nothing ever in stock, and it was always a pissing match to get them to even consider that I knew what I was talking about... Up side is that the ride from my place in MD to this place in VA is a nice ride, and so I guess that balances out the inconvenience of the 80 mile ride!

If you cannot get a dealer in your area to do what you need? Call Harley First. They listen to the boys in corporate, cuz if they get slammed, they get their hands smacked. But if you get tired of that, get on the phone and call a few places. It is amazing to me that just like the price of gas, customer service varies hugely depending on where you are. If they cannot take the time on the phone to talk to you... blow em off, they probably suck! I know that has been my experience with the orig dealer where I got my ride. But there are some good ones out there, and if you are in VA, the only one that I will highly recommend is Winchester. I have gotten weird feedback talking to some other shops on the phone, so I cannot slam them, just tell you that I did not feel like they were listening... And if they don't listen, I probably will not be able to get the help that I need.

I would like to thank all of the folks on this forum for helping to provide the information that I needed to get my injectors done, and also lots of information to help me decide about pipes. I know some of you guys will rip me for going Rinehart and some will rip me for going Race Tuner instead of PC III, but the thing that sealed it was being able to ride bikes with both setups, and talking to the Dyno shop. I felt like I had found what I wanted, about 80 hp, nice sound, and no reliability issues. The VH pipes are nice too, but a little too loud for me.. The PC III works great, but still had complaints from owners about popping on decel. So I made my choice and paid my money! Keeping my fingers crossed. Bike will be in the shop while I am getting hand surgery, so end of July I will be glad to be back in the saddle with some hop up work done! Good luck to all y'all getting what you need... If you get stuck, PM me, I will be glad to share in detail how I got the injectors, and I bel

Old 06-19-2006, 03:40 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

legacy efffingham il. is the dealer, but a friend here asked them about his 8s being replaced and they gave him the run around. sometimes if you ask to talk to a manager, and tell them your situation, about having problems at another dealer, they can sympathize, by fixing the problem and gaining another customer. two relatives of mine want hogs now. and ive already explained my situation to them. guess where theyre buying their bikes.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Gostaz....

You've been quite for a while. Hopfully, you've been puttn some miles on that SG!

Hope all is well up your way....

btw - what's Rhinehart?

[8D]

Old 06-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Warranty money is the same as your money to most dealers.

As your case illustrates, some delaers are more willing to do the paperwork and have a satisfied customer than others.

Kudos to you for not just settling for what dealer #1 had to say.

Primo

Quick Reply: awesome news on my new 25 injectors