Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limited custom colors date pushed back-scarlet red/black next week

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009 | 02:09 PM
blown alcohol
|
Road Captain
Default Limited custom colors date pushed back-scarlet red/black next week

A friend ask me to go to daytona bike week next month. I told him if my ultra came in I would. So, I called the dealer to ask about ship date on the custom color due in Nov. He said the ship date has been pushed back til Dec 14th. I told dealer if anyone backed out on a limited in front of me to let me know. He said that they have two extra limiteds red/black and blue/black coming in next week. I said move my deposit from the merlot/cherry red to the scarlet red/black. Looks like I will be riding my ultra next week.

There is no matching oil temp for the limiteds in the parts book.

Old 09-18-2009 | 03:12 PM
agentofchaos53
Cruiser

Thanks that good to know.I told my dealer and said I will wait till then.I like that scarlet red also but I going to wait whats 3 monrths when I will keep it for 7 years or so...:-)

Old 09-18-2009 | 03:53 PM
blown alcohol
|
Road Captain

agentofchaos53, it was a hard decision, but the red was really my first choice. All the limiteds had a deposit coming in this year except the merlot/cherry red. That is when I put a deposit down on the custom color. I am sure it's going to be worth the wait, and I will probably wished I had waited it out. It seems everything is falling in place right now. The plant I work at is shutting down the Friday and Monday that happens to be during bike week. The best thing about the custom colors is there will be less of them running around.