Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Mastertune

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
niteglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS Mastertune

Does this work in conjunction with a SEST or is it a stand alone fuel controller? Ease of use?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In place of...

Basically the same thing as SERT & DirectLink.

The TTS has a "self tuning" option for the late model bikes that is WAY over-hyped. Anyone that is compared their street tuned TTS MAP to what you can do with a PROPER dyno knows that I mean.

I have a TTS (still in box) that I'll sell someone for $325..... THat's $100 less than getting it direct from Mastertune.net

Old 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
niteglide
Cruiser

What type of controller do you use? Or recommend.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All it does is "expose" what's already inside the stock ECM. Just like SERT/SEST/DirectLink.

The interface plugs into the data connector while you are "flashing" a new MAP into YOUR stock ECM. After the MAP is installed, the device comes off.

As far as self tuning part goes, the dongle has data storage and logs while ya ride. THen you pull that of and work with the logged data to "massage" your MAP. That's a crude explanation, but ya get the idea.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:18 PM
niteglide
Cruiser

Thanks Phil. The reason that I was asking is because I am considering a cam swap and I don't think I can continue using my current fuel controller. My bike is an 07 EGS with Rinehart True Duels, SE A/C, and V & H Fuelpak. I'm going with a HQ 500 cam.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser

Phil is giving you an incomplete explanation. The TTS system really does much more, and it is capable of many other options, such as power enrichment fueling and timing changes. The "auto tune" function is also more sophisticated as well as it flags cells within the MAP that need changed. The TTS system will then revise the MAP with the new values for you. Once the MAP is revised, it can easily be downloaded. It typically taks 2-4 iterations to dial in your bike.

Remeber that dyno runs are basically full-throttle runs only. Whereas the TTS system monitors and adjusts your MAP as you actually ride the bike. So, how much time do you spend at wide open throttle? In addition, most bad experiences with TTS are related to a misunderstanding of how it works, so the operator can not take advantage of the system. Check out the thread dedicated to the TTS system for more information.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Pardner
Cruiser

I got a TTS the other day and did the tune this past weekend. Had a lot of decel popping from a "proper" dynotune and its almost gone with just the basic self tuning updates. Still need to tweek it a little but lots of stuff I can do to get it perfect. So, there's the trick huh, "proper" dynotune. Went to a very reputable dealer to get the dyno and paid $250. Plan on doing some other upgrades soon. So lets see, $250 for first tune, another $250 (more?) somewhere else to get a better dyno, and then another $250 (more) after my upgrades. Hmmm, right now I'm thinking I'm liking this $500 and I get to plug and play for free now. Guess time will tell.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:48 PM
Marco Shaw
1st Gear

i have a master tune2.what hardwear do i need so i can tune my bike?

Old 06-01-2020, 07:15 PM
SkyMaster1
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The Turbo Shop (TTS) is a no good POS thieving company, avoid them at all costs

Old 06-02-2020, 08:38 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

oh, okay. good to know. i'm going to avoid them like the plague just because you came on here and said so, with no backstory or anything to support your claim.

The following 2 users liked this post by skratch:
09 YELLOWBIRD (06-02-2020), Dseago1969 (06-02-2020)

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune