Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome cleaning and polishing!What to use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:16 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Chrome cleaning and polishing!What to use?

No matter what you use there is nothing as good as harley chrome polish m in the tube.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:35 AM
andellamd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best stuff to clean and shine the polished non-chrome parts on the Electra Glide Standards????

Old 06-19-2006, 02:02 AM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys,majority of the products are in stock at walmart ,autozone,and pepboys at reasonable prices so it's bout time for me to break out the elbow grease!

Old 06-19-2006, 04:08 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

gmoney...i use one of three things dependin on how dirty it is, how much time i have, AND how HOT it is ....first for a quick shine and it works very well too is WINDEX, yep, WINDEX....2nd if it needs some rubbin and i'm not jammed up for time too bad i use, NEVER DULL..its a wadding with shiner stuff impregnated, rub on, let haze, rub off...works great on chrome or billet....finally for the absolute best and deepest but only if its cool outside, i got time, or moma's doin it nekid, i'll use SEMICHROME...its old school type paste in a small tube and takes abit more elbow grease but man does it ever make metal pop...hope it helps
Damn Bryan we think alike. Old school trucker tech that still works today....

Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 AM
carsoni
Tourer

MAAS metal polish, try it you won't believe it. I promise

Old 06-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the S100 Polishing Soap. You just wet the sponge that comes with it and work up a lather and basically wash all of your chrome, you can either let it dry and buff off or just lather your chrome up good and then rinse with cool water, which is the way I do it and then wash the bike as normal. The stuff works great and is super easy to use.

I like to work smart not hard!! LOL!!!!

Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 AM
ScooterGuitar
Tourer

I have tried the S100 soap, totally hated it,a nd I tried it about 6 times before I gave up. Again like I said, lots of people like Simichrome, but I personally don't for some reason.
For And who asked about none chrome parts, I assume you mean polsihed aluminum, my old Sporty had lots of chrome and lots of alum, the two that worked best for me: Never DUll or Wenol blue, with the Wenol (make sure you get blue) you could really polish away and make that dull aluminum jump out shiny!
For those using Windex and similar, I knowt works, but in the end I truly worry about long term outcome and how it is affecting your parts. Looking for something easy like that, why not try something developed for such parts like a cheap $5 quick detailer you cna get anywhere? Mothers, Megs, Eagle One, etc.
I have heard about the Honda polishefore, have yet to try it.
There seems to be more and more polishes coming out similar to the Clearkote that is piquid, wipe on/wipe off, so I can only hoep ther eis something that is working!
I know I have become more goofy about this type of stuff, but i guess it hit me when I started chroming out parts, etc. You really start thinking, man all this $ for these little parts. why not try to find good quality products to clean with! I can't imagien how i"ll be after getting my paint done!

Old 06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
JamieCarr
Banned

I use the plain old Turtle Wax Chrome polish,..............been around for years,...it works perfect,...and its cheap!
It's a lot of work,...especially to remove it,..so I only polish about once a month,...weekend cleanings I just use harley gloss,...or windex.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:14 AM
ScooterGuitar
Tourer

Wanted to update a little here...
Tried the Barsso lots of people talk about on here, foudn it at Lowes for $2! Very strong chemical smelling liquid, works great, I couldn't believe it.
Also, the new Meguiars NXT Metal Polysh is an amazing product! \So my top products for chrome: Wenol Blue, Turtle, NevrDull, Brasso, and NXT.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:44 AM
edsaws
Advanced

I gotta second the honda aspray cleaner. I use it on everthing from windshield to paint.

Quick Reply: Chrome cleaning and polishing!What to use?