Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Police Interceptor Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006 | 04:29 PM
jb47
|
6th Gear
Default D&D Police Interceptor Mufflers

Is anyone using the D&D police inteceptor mufflers? They are supposed to be quieter than the others but still give decent power. Information from the D&D site:

FLH/FLT - Police Interceptor Mufflers

Year

Product #
408-14B

I am saving to do the stage 1 and tune but am doing my research now. There are a lot of good mufflers/systems out there but am trying to narrow it down for what I want to use. Just want good sound for my RG with legal db levels. I don't need the top end power because I don't ride it that fast. Mainly running at the speed limit solo or with my wife along.

Old 06-18-2006 | 08:07 PM
kdietz
Road Captain
Default RE: D&D Police Interceptor Mufflers

Jim, I just put a set on my '06 Ultra. Their sound is great, but a little louder than I was hoping. I also upgraded with K&N Air Cleaner Kit, 510g cams and PCIII. The bike runs very strong.

The pipes are very well made....polished stainless steel. The factory is here in Fort Worth, so I may ask them about more packing to see if they can be quieted down a little.

Karl

Old 06-18-2006 | 10:00 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: kdietz

Jim, I just put a set on my '06 Ultra. Their sound is great, but a little louder than I was hoping. I also upgraded with K&N Air Cleaner Kit, 510g cams and PCIII. The bike runs very strong.

The pipes are very well made....polished stainless steel. The factory is here in Fort Worth, so I may ask them about more packing to see if they can be quieted down a little.

Karl
How loud is louder than you were hoping. I realize sound and sound levels are very subjective, but how loud would you rate them next to the stock cans?

TIA

Teu

Old 06-19-2006 | 12:31 AM
PipeDADDY
Road Captain

D&D makes great pipes. I have 2.5" on mine.

Old 06-19-2006 | 12:46 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Teufelhunden

ORIGINAL: kdietz

Karl
How loud is louder than you were hoping. I realize sound and sound levels are very subjective, but how loud would you rate them next to the stock cans?

TIA

Teu
It's hard to compare, but I'd put them between stock and SE slip-ons. Their tone is awesome. I had V & H slip ons on my last bike and I think the D & D's are louder than them. I also think my tune is a little lean which really makes it bark more IMHO.

I just wanted a little more throat than stock, so I may sell these and try something else. I'll make someone a great deal if in the DFW area.

Karl

Old 06-19-2006 | 12:59 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

The 510's will make it louder than stock cams too.... due to different cam timing.

Old 06-19-2006 | 01:15 AM
jb47
|
6th Gear

Thanks to all for the information. I have several friends who have the 2 to 1 and are recommending I go with it but I like the dual exhaust look.

kdietz I grew up in Fort Worth but live in De Soto now. (SW Dallas County)

Jim

Old 06-19-2006 | 01:34 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jb47

Thanks to all for the information. I have several friends who have the 2 to 1 and are recommending I go with it but I like the dual exhaust look.

kdietz I grew up in Fort Worth but live in De Soto now. (SW Dallas County)

Jim

Jim,

From another DFW guy.... You can get the D&D FatCat and the optional "falsie" and you'll have the performance and the look you're after!

Take a ride up to D&D and talk to them about it and ask to see one....

Old 06-19-2006 | 12:25 PM
RKRider
Intermediate

Karl,

I'm also considering the D&D Police Interceptors pipes as I want something a little quieter than the Thundercones but with the performance. Have you heard the Thundercones? Are the D&Ds quieter? Thanks.

Old 06-19-2006 | 03:53 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

They are much quieter than my friends modified Fatboy with Thunderheaders....IMHO, I consider Thunderheaders the loudest pipes except for some drag pipes

Karl

Quick Reply: D&D Police Interceptor Mufflers