Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peoria and Utica/Starved Rock Illinois Trip info needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:24 PM
jakester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Peoria and Utica/Starved Rock Illinois Trip info needed

Hey guys,
Im taking a trip from Utica Il. to Peoria Il. this weekend and thought maybe someone could give me some pointers or places of interest,We are taking route 29 and 26 they run on either side of the river.Whats time frame and road conditions? A group is meeting at Starved Rock then heading south.Thanks for any info. Ride Safe.. Jake

Old 09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Right through my neighborhood so I'm not sure about how interesting these points of interest are. Depending on your route there are just a few small towns between Utica and Peoria. Take your time, enjoy the scenery 2 hrs. Moving along 1.25 hrs.
Most of the food places and bars are off the highway on the river side. Just follow the main road through towns, just about every town has a decent bar.

Lacon: Mr Mikes has good fast food (I recommend Cheesy Beef).
Sparland: ******* Tamales is good fast food.
Spring Bay: Village Inn, has a bar, huge tenderloin.
Between Spring Bay and Lacon is a place called the Duck Inn. One of my favorites. Good food, fair prices. Not too fancy.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:49 PM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
Right through my neighborhood so I'm not sure about how interesting these points of interest are. Depending on your route there are just a few small towns between Utica and Peoria. Take your time, enjoy the scenery 2 hrs. Moving along 1.25 hrs.
Most of the food places and bars are off the highway on the river side. Just follow the main road through towns, just about every town has a decent bar.

Lacon: Mr Mikes has good fast food (I recommend Cheesy Beef).
Sparland: ******* Tamales is good fast food.
Spring Bay: Village Inn, has a bar, huge tenderloin.
Between Spring Bay and Lacon is a place called the Duck Inn. One of my favorites. Good food, fair prices. Not too fancy.
Great info, you beat me to it! Dream Illustrations in Chillicothe on the other side of the river for very good tattoo work. I have eaten at the Duck Inn, good food but the tenderlion in spring bay is WONDERFUL. I agree, it is huge. My wife and I split one.

Ride Rt 71 from Ottawa to Starved Rock if you can. Great scenery and road. Mckinley road on the other side is ok, you can get to Buffalo Rock State Park.

Good luck on your ride!

Old 09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
jakester
Tourer

Thanks guys for the info.Not a long trip but gettin out of Dodge none the less!! Fall is coming in quick here in the midwest!!! Jake

Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Computron
Intermediate

On 29 South of Peroria towards Springfield, you'll hit road construction. They are retaring the road and there is fresh oil. I have spent days removing the tar from my bike. It misted everywhere! Ride Safe