Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009 | 11:07 AM
PWFD
|
Road Master
Default Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG

Well, some of you that gave me the input to roll forward and get this installed I thank you!! It's a great add on to my RG. I had the Street Legal SE Slip-ons and was very happy with the sound and look. From the day I got this bike I had eyes on the HB though. I was pretty scared off due to the dyno time and cost of the race tuner so I held off. After WAY too much research and asking questions I found that HD had this thing called the Stage 1 ECM Download for the exact set up I have. SE Pipes and SE HB Breather. WAY less than all that dyno time and race tuner. Since the download is considered a part I also got 20% off so that's all good.

I want to say if anyone is thinking about this set up I feel it's sooooo worth it. I think the bike runs better and has quite a bit more life. Or maybe it just looks that way?

Anyway, pictures are worth a 1000 words so here are some. I did post these pics in another thread that about the question on the filters but wasn't sure if anyone would see them so I thought I would start a new thread. If anyone wants any other angles or shots let me know and I will post them.

Thanks again to all of you that gave me feedback and advise on this mod. I thank you, my wife doesn't though

T

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG-dsc00256.jpg   Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG-dsc00257.jpg   Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG-dsc00258.jpg   Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG-dsc00259.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009 | 11:16 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

I had mine put on about a month ago and really love it. A reminder though, keep that rain sock in your bags! I forgot to put mine on one time, the filter got soaked sitting in the rain and I had to recharge it before I could ride again.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG-100_0054-.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009 | 11:20 AM
Gizmo83
Road Master

I'm going back and forth between the Heavy Breather and Venitilator. I like the low profile of the Ventilator but the Heavy Breather has more of a visual impact.

Old 09-16-2009 | 11:45 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master

09 rg with heavy breather and se slipons. Runs great with stage one. Added pc from jamie at fuelmoto and now even better and gets killer mpg. Ditto on the rain sock...ride safe

Old 09-16-2009 | 12:46 PM
PWFD
|
Road Master

Yea, I have my rain sock in the saddlebag already. I can't see putting it on much unless I am washing my bike or do get caught in the rain. I think it looks killer without it. Sounds like the sock is only for rain though. My dealer told me to run without the sock unless I am in the rain or washing it.

Old 09-16-2009 | 12:51 PM
PWFD
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I had mine put on about a month ago and really love it. A reminder though, keep that rain sock in your bags! I forgot to put mine on one time, the filter got soaked sitting in the rain and I had to recharge it before I could ride again.
I was told no recharge kit for the HD SE HB. Soap and water to clean the filter and that's it. If it gets rained on let her dry. Was I told wrong?

Old 09-16-2009 | 12:51 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

I just put one on my FLTR and I love it. How do you go about cleaning that filter anyways? Do I just go grab the K&N recharge kit?

Old 09-16-2009 | 01:07 PM
PWFD
|
Road Master

sounded too me like it wasn't something that would need to be taken off and cleaned all that often where I live. the dealer told me if I lived in a real dry climate that was dusty or road on gravel roads often that would be a different story. hope they are right, I sooo dont want to take this thing off and clean it often.

Old 09-16-2009 | 01:11 PM
Iamopie2
Cruiser

I think that looks really good.

Old 09-16-2009 | 01:21 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PWFD
I was told no recharge kit for the HD SE HB. Soap and water to clean the filter and that's it. If it gets rained on let her dry. Was I told wrong?
I was told that by the dealer (incorrectly) as well. That pink color you see on the filter is a spray on oil that you get when you buy the K & N recharge kit. You'll get the oil and a soapy cleaning agent with it. You wash the filter with the soap, let it dry and then spray on the oil. It's the oil that helps catch any debris trying to get into the intake. If you don't recharge it, the oil will be gone, and the filter will no longer be pink. My mechanic is the one who told me to recharge it, and it just makes sense to me. If it's pink when I bought it, why shouldn't I continue adding the oil after it's cleaned if it's not supposed to be that way? By the way, after I bought it, I rode a a thousand miles down to and around TN. I noticed tha the pink'ish color was gone and wondered if it needed recharging already. I asked a few questions to the guys on here and they told me that you don't need to do it that often, they usually do it when they do their oil changes, every 3-5 K. They said there's still enough oil in the filter to last it that long.

Quick Reply: Pictures of SE Heavy Breather on RG