Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats for 2009 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Me too

Originally Posted by cristianomc
Thank you 2deuce!

Are you shure about the measures? I had checked Heritage Style but looking at the Harley website on the handlebar measure chart I found that it have 5" pullback and 12"rise outside and the Chrome High have 9" pullback and 9.50" rise outside.

I don't know which is my inseam but I am 1,80m tall!
6'4"
Sundowner. I am adding heritage bars.
Seat looks great...kinda has a soft tail feel compared to stock and is trimmed for RKC match.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:48 AM
bikehunter
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 5' 10" and have Sundowner seat, Road King extended bars from HD (simular to Heritage) and extended Footboards, well sorted on my Road King.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
cristianomc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had decided to go with the Sundowner seat!

About the handlebar, is good to know that for the Heritage Style Handlebar there is no need to change the cables! And about the Reduced Reach Road King Handlebar? Is it a good option?

My problem is that in Brazil we don't have any store that have these handlebars in stock so I could check it up and decide which one to buy......

Old 09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2deuce
You may want to check out the Heritage style handlebar 56902-08, it comes back an inch farther than the one you're looking at. I found it very comfortable. I also went with the Sundowner seat 51615-09 which is also comfortable (I have a 30" inseam). I've been on 3 road trips in the last 7 weeks and have no complaints.
I have the same set up. I have thought about going to the Chubby 518 bars however.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:28 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wkottas
I have an 07 RKC, and ended putting RK custom bars on. These pulled back about three more inches. Just LOVE 'em! FYI.... Mustang seat with backrest.
I put these same bars on my RKC, I went with the comfort stitch seat, I love the set up, you would be surprized how much the bars pull back.
Terry

Old 09-22-2009, 03:48 PM
cristianomc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TMair
I put these same bars on my RKC, I went with the comfort stitch seat, I love the set up, you would be surprized how much the bars pull back.
Terry
What do you think about the Mustang Regal seat compared t the original RK seat?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:51 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

FYI - The HD Chrome High Handlebar does NOT require extened cables or wires. I had them on my bike for a short time (another story)...but no extensions are needed.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Bon Dia! I attached a few pictures of mine with 10" high bars from Drag Specialties (Buffalo Bars). The quality is excellent. But you do need new cables. Incredibly comfortable and great looking, of course. (My brother lives in Belo Horizonte)

Attached Thumbnails Seats for 2009 Road King Classic-cimg3848.jpg   Seats for 2009 Road King Classic-cimg3843-blurred-plate.jpg   Seats for 2009 Road King Classic-cimg3845.jpg   Seats for 2009 Road King Classic-cimg3844.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive got the sundowner and the matching adjustable driver backrest from HD with wild1's 518 handlebars. It is the ultimate in comfort IMO. I can set the cruise, lean back on the backrest and ride with no hands and my arms crossed down the highway. You dont need new cables with these bars either.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 PM
cristianomc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sgnden
Bon Dia! I attached a few pictures of mine with 10" high bars from Drag Specialties (Buffalo Bars). The quality is excellent. But you do need new cables. Incredibly comfortable and great looking, of course. (My brother lives in Belo Horizonte)
Hey, bom dia! Belo Horizonte is 725Km away from São Paulo, that's a good ride! Is a good place, with beatifull girls, the "mineirinhas"! When you come to visit him, take a ride to São Paulo to drink some bears on nice places! I'll show you the way!

About your handlebar... wow, that's what I call high! Awaysome!

Quick Reply: Seats for 2009 Road King Classic