Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley BS - You won't believe this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More Harley BS - You won't believe this!

Last month I traded my 08 Ultra for an 09 Ultra. I didn't get my plates until last Saturday after bugging the heck out of the dealership.

Then today I got my first billing statement from Harley Credit. The due date is 9/14/2009! Wait a minute, that's today. How in the heck do I make my payment on time?

I called Harley credit and he said that my payment would be late because the dealership took a long time to send in the paperwork. He said the only way to make my payment on time was to do it through him on the telephone. Well that was ok until he told me there would be a $12 charge for paying on the telephone. Is this crazy or what. Well F**K Harley Credit! I didn't pay him and told him I would send it in electronically from my bank as I do with all my payments. I told him I better not be charged a late fee! I called the dealership and told them about it. He offered to give me $12 off on something the next time I was in. I told him no thanks and if he didn't fix this he would not have me as a customer.

I have bought a lot of bikes but never had this happen. And the credit guy was no help. What a bunch of crap. Can you tell I am upset? Are these people just plain stupid or what? Then he wanted to ask me how I enjoyed the bike. I asked him what he rode and he said his wife won't let him own a motorcycle. I told him to get rid of her.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
He offered to give me $12 off on something the next time I was in. I told him no thanks and if he didn't fix this he would not have me as a customer.
Sounds like he offered to fix this, where he offered a $12 credit to offset the $12 fee. Anyways, you mentioned that the paperwork is now done...so what is there to fix? Your future payments will be able to be made the way you always have done it.

Your dealer went farther than mine. Mine would have said "sorry it took so long, not our fault" and they wouldn't give any type of credit for the delay of the finance company. Sounds like your dealer is actually trying to do something decent.

Last edited by mastery; 09-14-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
teatowej
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did the same thing to me. The day I started the paperwork, was the date they said I took ownership of the bike. Not, true i brought them my deposit 3 weeks later and then I got the bike. Bullshigidy!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 PM
eternalfear00
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would transfer the note to a new bank. shop around for rates because i'm in the process of buying a used bike and HD Financial rates are ussually about twice as high as other banks. For example i'm going with farm bureau bank and got 6% on a used bike and HDF was quoting me at 11% and i said no thanks. and i'm pretty sure other banks would be really competitive on new bike rates as well. And from hearing from others it sounds like HDF is worse than the IRS as far as customer service. Good luck.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

My Harley dealer didn't pay off my trade!!! I currently have two open loans, one for the Street Glide and one for the Road King I traded in. It's been almost a month! On top of that, Harley financial told me it's my problem to solve!! Unbelievable!

I feel for you. Some dealers just suck.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,383 Likes on 2,487 Posts

"My Harley dealer didn't pay off my trade!!! I currently have two open loans, one for the Street Glide and one for the Road King I traded in. Harley financial told me it's my problem to solve!! Unbelievable!"

Sounds to me like the dealer still owes you a bike. If they didn't clear it, they don't own it. Go take it back.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mastery
Sounds like he offered to fix this, where he offered a $12 credit to offset the $12 fee. Anyways, you mentioned that the paperwork is now done...so what is there to fix? Your future payments will be able to be made the way you always have done it.

Your dealer went farther than mine. Mine would have said "sorry it took so long, not our fault" and they wouldn't give any type of credit for the delay of the finance company. Sounds like your dealer is actually trying to do something decent.

The dealer actually caused the problem by waiting so long. I agree he was willing to take care of the problem and did. He called me back after calling Harley credit and having a note put in my file. What I couldn't believe is that HC wanted to charge me $12 when I just got the statement. It's pretty funny, but also pretty stupid if you want customers, especially in this economy.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
The dealer actually caused the problem by waiting so long. I agree he was willing to take care of the problem and did. He called me back after calling Harley credit and having a note put in my file. What I couldn't believe is that HC wanted to charge me $12 when I just got the statement. It's pretty funny, but also pretty stupid if you want customers, especially in this economy.
Oh, I agree. Some dealers take forever to do any kind of paperwork. I've heard people waiting 3 months to get the papers to take to the license branch. HD really needs to implement a exceptional customer service program, and hold their dealers accountable.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:58 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its not Harley credit it's Eaglemark bank. And they are not the only bank that does this charge. Its is bull, but at the same time its your dealers fault for not getting the paperwork in not the banks

Old 09-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most of the credible lenders have a grace period of 5 - 15 days past the due date.
They also have better interest rates than HD credit.

Whether you received the invoice on time or not, some of your earlier paperwork that you signed should have had a due date of your first payment. That will be the loophole that will cover them.

You should have paid the extra $12 and accepted the discount. You won't win this one and you may end up with with a head ache if you fight it.

The good news is that a payment has to be more than 30 days late before is scars your credit score.

Quick Reply: More Harley BS - You won't believe this!