Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley BS - You won't believe this!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009 | 05:16 PM
jsimo7
Road Master

Originally Posted by dcobra23
You bought a bike and brought it home. 30 days later the payment is due not when you get the statment. When you bill it out you sign the contract and it states in bold print when your payment is due.
Bingo!! When you sign a contract you have the info on that form that shows when and how much is due.

Old 11-16-2009 | 05:26 PM
Sancho
Road Master

Originally Posted by jsimo7
Bingo!! When you sign a contract you have the info on that form that shows when and how much is due.

But you still need the account # to make a payment. I never got anything from HD finance so a week before the payment was due I called them and it turned out they had the wrong address.

Old 11-16-2009 | 05:32 PM
jsimo7
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sancho
But you still need the account # to make a payment. I never got anything from HD finance so a week before the payment was due I called them and it turned out they had the wrong address.
Right .. and you were proactive because you knew the payment was due, made a phone call, corrected the address, got a acct#, and lived up to the terms you signed on the contract .

Old 11-16-2009 | 05:43 PM
psychocircus
Road Master

Originally Posted by Milwaukee 1
There's something to be said for a local credit union. When I bought my bike it took a phone call with just a few details about the bike like the price, model, etc...I rode my new RKC to the credit union to sign the papers. Afterwards my lending officer came outside shook my hand and congratulated me. Oh and the interest rate was about 6% less than the rate HD quoted me.
did the same for my ultra, had the check before going into the dealer and bybassed the finance guy altogether...all my rates and insurance quotes, road side assistance and such was way better than HD by far! sales manager was kinda shocked bout it. i did the same few years ago when i bough a car, blew the sales teams mind when they asked me for a phone number to see if i was quilified for the loan... i said why? ive got a check with me...

Old 11-16-2009 | 07:08 PM
tenn.vol.
Road Captain

How about a LINE OF CREDIT, (second mortgage) mine has been 3% for a couple
of yrs. AND it is a write off, at tax time................Tenn.Vol.

Old 11-16-2009 | 07:40 PM
Tex42
Cruiser

My son bought a used HD from the local dealer here and had to wait seven months to get his tags and title. Found out they had taken in the used bike my son bought and never got a clear title to it. They kept telling us the tags were in the mail when they knew all along it was a lie.

Old 11-16-2009 | 07:58 PM
nchogfan
Road Captain

Two words for anyone financing a Harley, either new or pre-owned. "Credit Union". The ones I have delt with have much better rates than HD Finance and have been very nice and friendly.

Old 11-16-2009 | 10:58 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master

I had the option of using HD, USAA, or a credit union the HD dealership also had.

The credit union offered the best rate.

Old 11-17-2009 | 06:11 AM
FLHP1034ME
Tourer

cash talks....bullshit walks....save your money. walk in. buy your bike. ride out. no interest charges. no banks or lenders to deal with. NO HASSLES. Took me 5 years to pull that one off. Clear title. No liens. Big smile. No payments. Patience is a virtue that seldom goes unrewarded. Think of all the money you save by not paying interest.....

Old 11-17-2009 | 12:47 PM
newbietroller
Cruiser
Default believe

Home equity loans are great if you can use them to buy a bike. Lower interest rate and as was said before, tax write off. Shop around.

Quick Reply: More Harley BS - You won't believe this!