Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley BS - You won't believe this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 AM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhand
so far in 7 pages we have two differant camps.... those that think there is no personal responseability from someone who has a loan,and those that think that people need to take care of business when its time to take care of it. oops forgot the camp that loves to bash harley at any excuse and mouth off about "in this economy" sometimes this place makes you shake your head and say "what the Hell"
I hear ya. I thought all this would quite after I put my "lesson learned" post out which basically said I took some responsibility and so did the dealership but others keep going on. I just look at their location and take it for what it's worth. I probably shouldn't make that comment but you know how us Texans are

Old 09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
ndnguyd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You cant sign a contract and not know when your payment is due. The date is on the contract.
Time for people to be a little more responsible for your own financial screw ups. Just sayin..

Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Milwaukee 1
There's something to be said for a local credit union. When I bought my bike it took a phone call with just a few details about the bike like the price, model, etc...I rode my new RKC to the credit union to sign the papers. Afterwards my lending officer came outside shook my hand and congratulated me. Oh and the interest rate was about 6% less than the rate HD quoted me.
Plus one!
My interest rate was just 3.5% at CU as well.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
I hear ya. I thought all this would quite after I put my "lesson learned" post out which basically said I took some responsibility and so did the dealership but others keep going on. I just look at their location and take it for what it's worth. I probably shouldn't make that comment but you know how us Texans are
Ptag I give you credit for gratiously taking the good comments with the others. Hope you get things resolved with Harley Credit.

Us northerners won't hold that location comment against you.....as long as you don't post it again. LOL

Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
PTAG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by peddler
Ptag I give you credit for gratiously taking the good comments with the others. Hope you get things resolved with Harley Credit.
Oh well, there are just some people that like to stir things up. I would like to see their comments if it had happened to them. I just looked online and they got my payment yesterday so all is good. I don't think they will hang for for being 2 days late.

I didn't see your location but right now you are lucky you are not here. It's been raining here for over a week. It's supposed to be clear for the weekend and then start again on Monday. I am wanting to put some miles on the bike without getting wet.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:26 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironhand
so far in 7 pages we have two differant camps.... those that think there is no personal responseability from someone who has a loan,and those that think that people need to take care of business when its time to take care of it. oops forgot the camp that loves to bash harley at any excuse and mouth off about "in this economy" sometimes this place makes you shake your head and say "what the Hell"
and your sig... "You have to stand for something, or fall for anything Those that give up freedoms for security, deserve neither " seems to be a contradicktion of your own post!

I agree that it was his responsibility. But, at the same time, I believe businesses DO IN DEED take advantage of any opportunity to cash in on things like this purposely. And, I do believe it is time we as consumers took a stand in order to stop illicit business practices. We all saw what happens when an entire nation stops purchasing a product, (gasoline), in the qunatities we once did at outrageous prices. If it isn't going to be done by a majority, then there are going to have to be a few 'martars' for the cause, to create a business model that we can all 'live' with. I know, just call me a crusader for modern day consumerism. LOL

Old 09-19-2009, 06:38 AM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You bought a bike and brought it home. 30 days later the payment is due not when you get the statment. When you bill it out you sign the contract and it states in bold print when your payment is due.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Whiteduramax
Advanced

What Sucks is I read all 8 pages and knew from the original post that he PTag should have been proactive and started making contact with someone about his payment. If anything I would have made contact about paperwork so that I could get the bike registered and pay the taxes (Arkansas).

But I still read the entire thread, why didn't I just stop there. Wasted 10 minutes.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oldman Harley
I absolutely love your reply." I asked him what he rode and he said his wife wont let him own a motorcycle I told him to get rid of her". Very well stated. That would have been my reply as well.

Tim
A friend of mines wife told him it was his Harley or her. He sold his Harley and she left him 3 days later.
Back to the original post. I'm not surprised at all. There are a few good dealers, very few.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:37 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a pretty comon thing to have a charge if you pay by phone, but I agree you should have got your payment long before it was due, I've never had that problem with them.

Quick Reply: More Harley BS - You won't believe this!