Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley BS - You won't believe this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the best cure for this. I pay for mine. No bank or Financial Institution to deal with. It's Mine. I own it.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 AM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Your dealer failed twice. The finance manager who processed the loan at HD should have told you when the first payment was due and the remittance amount along with the mailing address, or given you the equivalent of a payment stub to process the first payment. Car dealers are notorious for being late. The refrain from the finance company is, "the dealer should have provided you with a statement for the first payment to allow for loan processing and mailing of the receipt book to your residence." I was told that once!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:49 AM
wonbyone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there PTAG, noticed that you are here in the Dallas area. The difficulties you had are flat wrong, but are not the same at all dealerships. 3 months ago I purchased a new RG from the Grand Prairie dealership, and I have been over whelmed by the dealership's principals interest in finding out how the purchase experience was conducted. Phone calls, letters etc... I think you owe it to yourself and others to contact the owners and let them know. The folks on the sales floor and office are not going to bring their own short-comings up for review as long as they can continue to work at the low standards they set for themselves.

Respectfully, and hoping that you are enjoying your new ride, --Bill

Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 337 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
got the same thing when i bought my house. payment may be due before receiving coupon book in the mail.
I had the same thing when buying a house. I actually sent 2 payments and a huge overpayment. Then I got a letter saying that I was late on payments. I called the mortgage company and they told me that they had received my payments, but couldn't find my loan.
Turns out that they sold the loan before any payments were due and then didn't forward my payments on to the new lien holder. I had to get them the information on who they sold my loan to.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 AM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wonbyone
3 months ago I purchased a new RG from the Grand Prairie dealership, and I have been over whelmed by the dealership's principals interest in finding out how the purchase experience was conducted. Phone calls, letters etc...
Bill

Bill,

I bought mine at the dealership in Garland. As you probably know they are owned by a company in AZ and also own the dealership in Allen. With Dallas traffic it's not pratical to go to the other dealerships. The Manager of this dealership is taking care of this. I was just surprised that I received a statement the same day it was due. No matter whose fault, mine for not watching for it or theirs for taking so long, it seemed odd to receive it like I did. They probably needs some more edits in their computer system to catch this. IMO it makes them look stupid.

Harold

Old 09-15-2009, 08:27 AM
hawkip50
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The experience in buying a bike was really a pleasure. HD of Dothan, Alabama was straight forward when I bought my 09 Ultra and when I rode off on t bike I had a copy of every piece of paperwork completed in the transaction. As stated above, the first payment due date was on the contract. I personally would not have left the dealership with the bike without the copies of the paperwork.. If stopped by a LEO I would have had a hard time explaning why I did not have any paperwork on the bike and a only temporary tag.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PTAG
Last month I traded my 08 Ultra for an 09 Ultra. I didn't get my plates until last Saturday after bugging the heck out of the dealership.

... Are these people just plain stupid or what?...
(Edited to save space)

You are like me my friend. We have to learn to re-define certain words...
The word 'smart' or 'stupid' is relative to the actions taken at the time and their result.
We live in a capitalistic world, it isnt 'smart' to process papers immediately if it places cost or responsibility on their part.
If they (the stealers) have to make a payment(s) before they sell your bike they lose money.
All banks actually have policies in place that force additional funds to be collected. If you send in a deposit and a withdrawal on the same day, they are instructed to post the withdrawal first, and place the deposits on seperate stack to be processed later. If the withdrawal happens to be posted after your credit limit has been reached the bank or credit institution then gets the overdraft fees along with any penalties if that comes into play.
It's the 'nature of the beast'. When profit over rides all morality, the word 'smart' has a completely different meaning than what we were convinced to believe. Stupidity follows the same concept. Is it stupid to accept responsiblity if it is going to cost you?

Old 09-15-2009, 08:50 AM
CroK
Banned

Just to prove a point, scroll your mouse wheel down to the bottom of the page...
If your cursor happens to cross the ad at the bottom, the page stops scrolling in the hopes you will 'accidently' click on the ad. That would be the redefinition of the word 'smart'. Use every tactic possible to increase profit, who cares if anyone thinks it is not considered to be the 'right thing to do' ?

Last edited by CroK; 09-15-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 AM
CroK
Banned

LMAO! It was doing it before I posted that last comment, honest it WAS! They are probably watching me as I type now...
(Mel Gibson has NOTHING on me when it comes to 'conspiracy theories'!)

Last edited by CroK; 09-15-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM
skydrifter
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Banks make Billions on late fees and over draft fees. The Dealer should have takened care of it with a phone call and to offer you a 12.00 gift card is a joke.

Quick Reply: More Harley BS - You won't believe this!