Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley BS - You won't believe this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pbsdaddy
"My Harley dealer didn't pay off my trade!!! I currently have two open loans, one for the Street Glide and one for the Road King I traded in. Harley financial told me it's my problem to solve!! Unbelievable!"

Sounds to me like the dealer still owes you a bike. If they didn't clear it, they don't own it. Go take it back.
Yeah, but it's, um, gone!

Not sure how they sold a bike they don't have a title to, but it wasn't there the two times I went back. They're going to be getting a heated call from me tomorrow. Their finance manager promised me the payment went through and it would post to my account. Called Eaglemark today and they have not received any communication or payment.

(sorry to the OP for the hijack)

Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Their finance manager promised me the payment went through and it would post to my account. Called Eaglemark today and they have not received any communication or payment.
I would no longer waste my time with anyone other than the owner of that dealership.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
missile
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
Yeah, but it's, um, gone!

Not sure how they sold a bike they don't have a title to, but it wasn't there the two times I went back. They're going to be getting a heated call from me tomorrow. Their finance manager promised me the payment went through and it would post to my account. Called Eaglemark today and they have not received any communication or payment.

(sorry to the OP for the hijack)
Learned this on a truck one time. Traded it in an about 1 month later got a late charge on the payment. The dealer had to fix it but it was a pain in the a#$. Now if I have to trade and still have a loan I make them pay it off while I am sitting there or no deal. They work off your money for up to 45 days while they try and sell your vehicle

Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, Id be pissed! It is totally the dealerships fault and even though they offered you the $12... that wasnt the point... you just spent over 20K and they actually thought you would just be happy with the $12... that would be enough to **** me off even more!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when my bike got totaled and i got the cheque from the ins. co. i called harley finacing for the payout amount. they gave me a figure that was good for about 2-3 weeks. i then contacted my dealer that i purchased it from and they offered to courier the payout for me.they said it would be quicker and safer..well you guessed it 3 weeks later and h/d had not received the $$ and another payment was due.. i went live on the dealer, ends up it was sitting on someones desk....dealer went good for all the extra charges..then i asked about a partial refund on the mandatory life insurance on the loan...you would think i was the first customer to ever ask??..but i got it!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
PTAG
Road Captain

I forgot to mention something in my original post. I had an extended warranty on my trade-in that I had cancelled. I asked what the status of my refund is and they can't find the paperwork on it. They are going to try and figure it out and call me tomorrow.....

Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,121 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Oh yeah, I would believe it!...... It happens a lot of the time!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought a bike one time and one month later the salesman calls me and asked me to stop by the dealer ship and re sign the papers as there was a mixup. then the bank calls and tells me im late on the payment a week later.. One month behind..I should have told the salesman to KMA and come to my place if he wanted sumpin signed but better yet KMA and dont bother me id have had a free scoot even if it was only 2800.00 owed on it.. I did contact the dealer and they fired the guy ...I told them if my credit that was perfect got screwed up by the salesman id own them and him and I meant it ! He lied on other things on the deal also thats what got him fired when I complained.. I hate liars.. No reason or excuse for a liar ..

Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Oldman Harley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely love your reply." I asked him what he rode and he said his wife wont let him own a motorcycle I told him to get rid of her". Very well stated. That would have been my reply as well.

Tim

Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 PM
PTAG
Road Captain

The bad thing is I bought 2 bikes from them this year. I bought an 09 Heritage Softail Classic. The problem is trying to figure out which one to ride. I'll have to tell you that the Heritage is very comfortable and is my favorite over the Ultra but the wife like the Ultra for traveling so I guess I'll have to keep both.

Quick Reply: More Harley BS - You won't believe this!