Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather vs vinyl seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a C&C Solo Mercedes vinyl and absolutely love it and so will you when you see it. I have had many different seats including Corbin. I loved my Corbin, but will buy from C&C from now on. Awesome product and great customer service. Here Are some pics. Don't worry you will be very happy with your seat.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
miltflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, nice looking seat and ride. I think I did the right thing. Seat should be shipped tomorrow. I went with the sport touring w/ backrest . Wanted to go solo, but rear fender has some issues from stock seat. I figured I could go vinyl on this seat,and if I dont like it for some reason, I can go leather when I order my solo seat next riding season.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by miltflhx
I hope I did the right thing? I ended up going with mercedes vinyl on my seat. Has a different looking texture. .
If it is true Mercedes vinyl, it is called MB Tex and will outwear leather by a long shot. It is sometimes called "taxi-cab leather.". If you ever see an older Mercedes with like new looking seats that you think are leather, it ain't leather. It will be MB Tex. My 1987's seats still look like brand new. I thought the car was upholstered in leather when I bought it. It looks like leather and feels good. However, the lack of wrinkles struck me as odd. At first, I thought the seats had been redone. That was when I learned that it was MB Tex. If that is what you got, you made a good choice.

Attached Thumbnails leather vs vinyl seat-mercedes-008.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to switch to leather just to **** off PETA.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior

I have upgraded both of my bikes to leather seats, I do not like the look of vinal. I have them recovered and a pro-pad installed and have been very happy.

Both times used :

http://www.alligatorbob.com/

Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
miltflhx
Cruiser

Got my seat on Thursday. Got the vinyl, looks ok, but for a custom seat probably should have went with leather and some stitching. But was in a hurry to get seat. Set out on a 750 mile ride over the weekend. The original seat was a 40 to 60 mile seat before back started hurting. The new c & c seat maybe a 60 to 80 mile seat. Not the relief I was looking for. No more back pain, now the pain is in the upper part of my butt. Was really looking forward to riding comfortably between gas stops, about 150 miles. I can do it but with alot of moving around.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Throw a sheepskin over the new seat and try it.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I've had 4-5 leather seats from Corbin, and I really love em. They breathe well, less sweat, and they really don't require all that much maintenance. I also believe they look better. Just one more opinion among many.
Totally Agree! Love my Corbin seat!

Go Vikings!

Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just like combat boots of past, if properly taken care of, will outlast many soles. A leather seat properly cared for will out last your ***.

Don't drop a hot ash or spark on vinyl either!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer
Default leather

My 2010 CVO came from the factory with leather. What I have noticed is it spots if not dried immediately but goes away once retreated. The other thing is when treating the leather it’s hard to keep it off of the paint without using some thick paper to trim with like when your painting.

Quick Reply: leather vs vinyl seat