Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago HD Timely Shipping??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:41 PM
hawg20
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chicago HD Timely Shipping??

I ordered a Sundowner seat for an 09 EG on Sept. 1. They had to special order form HD. No problem I understand! On Sept. 10 I hadn't heard anything from Ch. HD so I called to check status. I talked to a guy and he checked and said that they had received it. I don't know when they received it but they finally shipped it today, Sept. 14. I'm I being to hard on them for slow shipping(4+ days)?? How is Zanotti's shipping time? I want to give them a test on the next item ordered. The shipping time is not a deal breaker for me as I appreciate the 20% discount. Would like to know how others have fared while dealing with these 2.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:44 PM
kman780
Cruiser

I have never had an issue with them in the past. Actually, they had something go on back order and they told me where to get it in stock...

Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I buy from Chicago and Zanotti's for price. If I want the item immediately I'll call local dealers and find who has it in stock and pay full ticket for it. 4 days shipping isn't too bad.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

For the longest time I had NO ISSUEs with CHD. But lately...
Something has changed there recently. Not sure what it is.
They told me my parts were there and they would send them out. Three weeks latter I called for an update. I was told the parts were now on back-order?
Three more weeks they got the parts. Two more weeks to send them out. I NEVER have gotten a cost for the total?
I dont get it.
Something has changed.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member

I had problems with Chicago HD. Shipping was very slow.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:24 PM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

I too had SLOOOOW shipping issues with CHD. I actually called to comment and got a long sad story about why it took so long. I honestly don't think they keep anything but the "basics" in stock and order everything else third party.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I use bikerbobsstore.com. They are not too fast about shipping either. If I need it now, I order it at full MSRP at the local dealer and it usually comes in within a week.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM
RLembke
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently put an order thru with Chicago. Status updates were fast and furious at first. Said they had to order all items. 10 days later, no change in status. Was ready to call but saw on their website "don't call to see if something shipped - you'll get notification when it ships". That pacified me for a day. Then I was about to call....when it just shows up on the front porch. Never got a shipment confirmation, never got a change in status....still shows as 'parts on order'.

On the other hand, just ordered a seat from Zanotti. Had 'in stock' status within 2 hours. Had shipment tracking number shortly thereafter. I will be giving them my business in the future.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
TomWoodgeard
Road Captain

I have ordered from both too. I think that if Chicago Harley doesn't have something in stock, they order from the MOCO and it is dropped shipped to the customer directly. I also think that CHD doesn't stock as much as they used to. I have had fast shipping and backorders from both CHD and Zanotti's

Old 09-14-2009, 03:24 PM
stubby001
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very slow! Been waiting acouple months for an item I ordered. Zannotis very quick!

Quick Reply: Chicago HD Timely Shipping??